Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

"Upgrade Xfinity Player"....WHERE?!

Frequent Visitor

"Upgrade Xfinity Player"....WHERE?!

Every time I try to play certain shows and movies, I get the message below. I've spent a LOT of time trying to find out how to upgrade the player and haven't found anything.  I'm using IE9, Windows 7.  I have uninstalled Silverlight and reinstalled it as well, with no luck.

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4
Tags (1)
Cable Expert

Re: "Upgrade Xfinity Player"....WHERE?!

Please cut and paste the report for your pc from this site http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer

That will show the status of the Silverlight player.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I went into my start menu and saw silverlight listed.  Here's the version. 

Microsoft Silverlight

Version: 4.0.60831.0 

When I just clicked the link you mentioned, it said that Silverlight wasn't installed.

Official Employee

tomwmc wrote:

I went into my start menu and saw silverlight listed.  Here's the version. 

Microsoft Silverlight

Version: 4.0.60831.0 

When I just clicked the link you mentioned, it said that Silverlight wasn't installed.

Like JayInAlg said, please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

My Zip Code: 02703 My Cable Provider: Comcast Attleboro Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: My public IP address: 65.96.83.218 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; Tablet PC 2.0; .NET4.0C; yie9) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Silverlight not installed. My flash version: 11.0 r1 Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript">// document.write('enabled'); // </script>
enabled Cookies: enabled

--------------------------------------------------

Here are a couple of things I wanted to watch, but got the error message.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/Sixteen-Candles/23036/2029122939/Sixteen-Candles-%28HBO%29/video...

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/The-Big-Bang-Theory/95852/2163899402/Thespian-Catalyst%2C-The/videos

Intros around 7:00. 

Official Employee

tomwmc,

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Both of them play with Google Chrome.

Official Employee

tomwmc wrote:

Both of them play with Google Chrome.

tomwmc,

It sounds like there is something in Internet Explorer 9 that is blocking videos from playing.

Try disabling any pop-up and ad blocking plug-ins in IE and then try watching a video again.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Look, this is more non-sense from comcast, not providing a link that's accessible to everyone to upgrade the Xfinity player.  This is something that should not be an issue, knowing full-well that the very large customer base, most of whom are saavy computer users, or those who would simply like having the service available online, would need the player.  This is pure madness and more ineptitude from the people at comcast.  Get it in gear!

New Poster

After months of believing I'd never be able to access xfinity online I finally found an embarrassingly dirt-easy fix. Use Internet Explorer 32-bit, not 64bit.

My system: Windows7 64bit, dell quad core laptop with plenty of ram.

I had tried using firefox (my default browser) and tried the default internet explorer 64bit install. They both failed. Today I read an offhand comment about silverlight only working on comcast with 32bit internet explorer. So out of curiosity I launched internet explorer 32bit. Was able to access comcast online (xfinity) and watch tv online just fine.

My error msgs that lead to this search:

"We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time"

and

"Xfinity Video Player Upgrade. Upgrade your Xfinity Player! In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new ..."

I hope this simple fix helps someone else who has had headaches with this same problem.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for all the tips!  I got it to work.  Yay!

Frequent Visitor

And i completely agree that Comcast should have this one down.  I mean, really!

New Poster

Finally.......an answer after spending like forever looking for the Xfinity download player upgrade I was told I needed, I see your message and explanation.  I too have a dell quad w/Windows 7 64 bit.  Comeon Comcast, get your act together............

New Poster

i completely agree! this is bs. i tried useing IE SAFARI FIREFOX no browser supports their whatever... i m not some comp. exper5 but somethings def. up. its been this week? ewwheres the ifo? solution? there should be more explanation/help.

New Poster

The Chrome browser works for me.  Download it at...    http://bit.ly/AqMPE7

New Poster

This epitomizes the ineptitude of comcast  I agree for a company that spends so much on advertising, this issue highlights their customer service failures

New Poster

so true.. was just saying that the other day to my bf. but what can we do? i need answers ha

New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code:   22192 My Cable Provider:     Comcast Manassas Park Digital My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup:    False Facebook Queue Syncing:    false Facebook Connect:    False My public IP address:     68.55.198.77 My operating system:     Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser:     Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDC; Media Center PC 5.0; SLCC1; Tablet PC 2.0; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0E)   My system type:    Desktop computer or other device My Move player version:  Not Installed My Silverlight version:     5.0.61118.0 My flash version:     11.1 r102 Javascript&colon;    enabled Cookies:    enabled

Official Employee

tiperry wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code:   22192 My Cable Provider:     Comcast Manassas Park Digital My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup:    False Facebook Queue Syncing:    false Facebook Connect:    False My public IP address:     68.55.198.77 My operating system:     Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser:     Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDC; Media Center PC 5.0; SLCC1; Tablet PC 2.0; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0E)   My system type:    Desktop computer or other device My Move player version:  Not Installed My Silverlight version:     5.0.61118.0 My flash version:     11.1 r102 Javascript&colon;    enabled Cookies:    enabled

Not all videos may be working on Internet Explorer 9 32-bit or 64-bit versions. Our team is currently working on this issue.

In the meantime, please use one of these browsers to watch videos:

Goggle Chrome 16

Safari 5.1

Firefox 9.0

Please follow this thread for more details and updates:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Internet-Explorer-9-not-playing-videos/td-p/11420...

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

i am having same comcast issue with playing videos on my computer. keeps coming up install new xfinity player

here is info from screen

My Device Information My Zip Code:17408 Unknown My Cable Provider:comcast Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 174.55.76.174 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled

Regular Visitor

I have all the same issues on every computer I own. I did have the Xfinity videos working on Chrome but then they quit too. Now all I get is the sound of a machine gun and no picture. I am on a Comcast cable. The apparent truth is that Comcast spent all it's time on plastering the Xfinity name on EVERYTHING and advertising it but does not have the infrastructure to carry it through. Here's a little secret- you can find any of those clips and videos on other sites. The solution is simply do not use Cr%pcast!!!!!!!!

New Poster

I'm glad that helped. Is weird the error msgs don't really give an idea of the exact fix. I wish I remembered where I had read the offhand silverlight comment, I'd give the poster a big thank you.

Sorry about all your comcast issues. Overall, I'm happy with comcast. Been with them for decades, off and on. Only wish services were cheaper. I rarely watch tv aside from a couple shows each week. Aside from the high price for watching two tv shows, I have no comcast complaints.

Oh. I used to live near a main hub-thingy for 5 years before two nearby housing developments were fully completed. Talk about amazing speed! All that bandwidth nearly all to myself!!!  Wish I hadn't moved. Still fast here though. Just nothing like that location. Oh well. At least I now have the option to occassionally watch tv online when I want to instead of hassle with buying a fourth tv just for this small home office too. Tv's in nearly every bedroom is more than enough tv's for one house. Too many. My wife probably wouldn't agree with that though. She's addicted

Contributor

sheesh - a month ago, in order to get xfinity to play videos I had to downgrade my IE to - 64 bit.  Now I need to downgrade more?  Xfinity online reatlly sucks - sometimes not worth the trouble.

New Poster

That is so out threre, I have a Explorer-9. Dont want to change. Added, some of the other brousers constantly override and present tool bars for their brouser (ALL THE TIME) and now Comcast is wanting preference for brousers used.

Some slow everything down, tool bars definitely do and override while other apps are in use causing issues. If your systems cannot interface, then refund is the answer. Fix it; irritating, NO! Still the answer here... Can"t relax and watch, it is always upgrade, change, upgrade, troubleshoot, and again, again, again. I work all day, and now come in and more work while trying to relax.....  Comcast control is the agenda here, get real then stop doing it... Forget the refund, I need a vacation, pay for one of those for me so I can relax from relaxing at home!!! Venting? You guessed it, you have no idea how tiring this can be after my day is supposed to be over.... VACATION!!!!

Official Employee

M-MoneyBack wrote:

That is so out threre, I have a Explorer-9. Dont want to change. Added, some of the other brousers constantly override and present tool bars for their brouser (ALL THE TIME) and now Comcast is wanting preference for brousers used.

Some slow everything down, tool bars definitely do and override while other apps are in use causing issues. If your systems cannot interface, then refund is the answer. Fix it; irritating, NO! Still the answer here... Can"t relax and watch, it is always upgrade, change, upgrade, troubleshoot, and again, again, again. I work all day, and now come in and more work while trying to relax.....  Comcast control is the agenda here, get real then stop doing it... Forget the refund, I need a vacation, pay for one of those for me so I can relax from relaxing at home!!! Venting? You guessed it, you have no idea how tiring this can be after my day is supposed to be over.... VACATION!!!!

Videos should now be working in the 32-bit version IE9.

Thank you for your patience and feedback and sorry for the inconvenience,

Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am getting the same error as listed above.  I went the link provided and got the information for you that I'll post below this.  I tried to upgrade silverlight but it says the same version is already installed.

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: *.*.*.* My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 (Windows 7 Home Premium) My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 11.2 r202 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled

The following link is what I was trying to watch...

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Eastbound-%26-Down/98632/2220139067/Eastbound-%26-Down-20-%28HBO%29/...

It produced the following...

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

Says to upgrade the Xfinity Player but provides no links or information as to how or where.  I am using neither of those browsers as you can see from the report above this information.

New Poster

Disregard my post.  I found the videos work in the lame 32 bit version of IE 9.   Waste of time running 32 bit applications when I can run 64 but oh well. 

Official Employee

slanning121 wrote:

Disregard my post.  I found the videos work in the lame 32 bit version of IE 9.   Waste of time running 32 bit applications when I can run 64 but oh well. 

While in IE9 64-bit, try going here and downloading Silverlight and then let me know if videos work.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Help! How do I get it installed??

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.249.41.50 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 5.1 My web browser: Firefox 88980903 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.16) Gecko/20110319 Firefox 88980903 [xSP_2:effd6eee1eedbcc3fd810fe20ef0c380_208] ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.51204.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled
Official Employee

waynekpurdy wrote:
Help! How do I get it installed??

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.249.41.50 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 5.1 My web browser: Firefox 88980903 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.16) Gecko/20110319 Firefox 88980903 [xSP_2:effd6eee1eedbcc3fd810fe20ef0c380_208] ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.51204.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled

What version of Firefox are you using? I can't make it out from your User String.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I'm running Win7 IE8, and have ALWAYS gotten this message.  I was told by my pc guy don't go to the IE9 yet with the problems they are still trying to work out, but IE8 should STILL be supported by Comcast for me to watch the Xfinity player, well, it's not, never has been, and I am so tired of dealing with so many agencies that run you around that I just never even got this one started.

Comcast has always been helpful and there for me, very nice people, only once did I get someone that REALLY probably shouldn't have been working there with his lack of computer knowledge, but after spending the entire day looking myself, I finally got my webpage up, and then got the correct response from someone else, after I had already found it. 

I honestly don't know what it is, but 85% of all the agencies I call anymore, the people have not been trained, the frustration is immense. After weighing the pros and cons here, more times than not Comcast has always helped me.  I would rather stay with them than pay a cheaper price for nothing but frustration.  The economy is bad enough.  I decided to choose my battle on this one with this "Upgrade Xfinity Player", and not even start it.  I can live without it.  Sad but true.

Official Employee

Kathy182851 wrote:

I'm running Win7 IE8, and have ALWAYS gotten this message.  I was told by my pc guy don't go to the IE9 yet with the problems they are still trying to work out, but IE8 should STILL be supported by Comcast for me to watch the Xfinity player, well, it's not, never has been, and I am so tired of dealing with so many agencies that run you around that I just never even got this one started.

Comcast has always been helpful and there for me, very nice people, only once did I get someone that REALLY probably shouldn't have been working there with his lack of computer knowledge, but after spending the entire day looking myself, I finally got my webpage up, and then got the correct response from someone else, after I had already found it. 

I honestly don't know what it is, but 85% of all the agencies I call anymore, the people have not been trained, the frustration is immense. After weighing the pros and cons here, more times than not Comcast has always helped me.  I would rather stay with them than pay a cheaper price for nothing but frustration.  The economy is bad enough.  I decided to choose my battle on this one with this "Upgrade Xfinity Player", and not even start it.  I can live without it.  Sad but true.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for responding Joe,  and after going to the site you gave me, most of the things are inaccurate, but here they are:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 95953 My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 67.169.229.148 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 7 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB7.3; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0E; BRI/2; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.2 r202 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled

Official Employee

Kathy182851 wrote:

Thanks for responding Joe,  and after going to the site you gave me, most of the things are inaccurate, but here they are:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 95953 My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 67.169.229.148 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 7 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB7.3; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0E; BRI/2; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.2 r202 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Joe, Really, but I like my browser and don't want to start changing things just because I can't see one thing from Comcast.  My home page is Comcast, and all in all it does give me lots of information.  As I've said in the past, Comcast has always been there for me, something I truly appreciate.  This is just something I really don't want to pursue.  I love the internet, and if any of my major programs start giving me problems, it always leads to days of stress for a product I paid for and had expected it to work properly.  I've never put Comcast in that catagory just because I can't utilize one thing that's not really necessary to me.  If it effected me and stopped the program from working it would be different, that's not the case here.

Thanks again for your concern,

Kathy

New Poster

Having the same problem. This is clearly a work in progress. I cant believe there are so many bugs with this system. So much for the free trial.

New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 17222 My Cable Provider: Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: Living Room My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 174.55.129.109 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MALN; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.2 r202 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, bs, at, g, ak, ab, cb, aw, ch, ar, e, aj, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, br, c, bo, cj, bt, i, cc, ca, ai, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
New Poster

The switching from ie 64 bit to ie 32 bit worked for me.

New Poster

Play with Google Crome for a while them start asking to update silverlink but won't work anyway

New Poster

This was perfect advice -- THANK YOU!!!!   You don't have any suggestions for the google app. Xfinity tv player for a tablet do you?  I installed that on my tablet and I only get audio, no video.  But I have 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system and Adobe Flash Player 11, so don't know what the problem is.  Any suggestions?????

Regular Visitor

Subect:

I get a message to upgrade my Xfinity to Silverlight.  Okay, I do as said.  Message says "you are almost finished, now restart browser.  How?  I've done everything and nothing works.  I have Windows Internet Explorer, On Windows XP.  Do I uninstall everything now?  Geesh all I wanted to do was watch something that was on my Comcast home page.

Official Employee

Miladyryts wrote:

Subect:

I get a message to upgrade my Xfinity to Silverlight.  Okay, I do as said.  Message says "you are almost finished, now restart browser.  How?  I've done everything and nothing works.  I have Windows Internet Explorer, On Windows XP.  Do I uninstall everything now?  Geesh all I wanted to do was watch something that was on my Comcast home page.

Completely remove Silverlight from your computer and since you are a Windows user, download and install the newest version of Silverlight here.

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try again.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I too seem to have this issue with IE9 and the 64bit version of IE and Windows7. The problem appears to be flash player. Once you reinstall flash player the content will work until you close the browser. The problem seems to be detection of the plugins once the browser is closed. The app is looking to see if the correct software is loaded. I have installed flash each time I want to watch a movie but it does get me past the Xfinity Video Player Upgrade message.

Please work with Adobe or recode your detection to work. I have reloaded Silverlight and Flash enough times. I shouldn't have to do this each time I wish to watch a movie.

New Poster

I can't seem to find where to upgrade either...

Here is the info from my computer, can you please assist me?

My Device Information My Zip Code: 07732 My Cable Provider: Comcast Eatontown Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 70.90.10.46 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; MDDS) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Aug 6 10:12:44 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Mon Aug 6 10:12:44 EDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Official Employee

Mel033103 wrote:

I can't seem to find where to upgrade either...

Here is the info from my computer, can you please assist me?

What video(s) are you trying to watch?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have read all the solutions from ended of last year. I am not a computer geek so half of this I have no idea as to what it means. I went today to watch TV on line and got the above error. From what I read it looks like I have to download even more "excrement  on my computer. The all that stuff about change bits. I just need to know a simple solutions or when Comcast think this will be corrected. I will find some other way to watch TV shows if I have to down load more stuff on my computer. I also thought that updates where suppose to be automated.  Oh I tried two different TV shoes in case it was just one with a problem. The same message came up on both shows.

Official Employee

nightwitch56 wrote:

I have read all the solutions from ended of last year. I am not a computer geek so half of this I have no idea as to what it means. I went today to watch TV on line and got the above error. From what I read it looks like I have to download even more "excrement  on my computer. The all that stuff about change bits. I just need to know a simple solutions or when Comcast think this will be corrected. I will find some other way to watch TV shows if I have to down load more stuff on my computer. I also thought that updates where suppose to be automated.  Oh I tried two different TV shoes in case it was just one with a problem. The same message came up on both shows.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 37207 My Cable Provider: Comcast Nashville Digital My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.22.159.22 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; MDDC; Media Center PC 5.0; SLCC1; Tablet PC 2.0) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Aug 20 19:19:34 CDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Mon Aug 20 19:19:28 CDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, bk, br, c, bo, bt, cc, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Official Employee

nightwitch56 wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 37207 My Cable Provider: Comcast Nashville Digital My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.22.159.22 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; MDDC; Media Center PC 5.0; SLCC1; Tablet PC 2.0) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Aug 20 19:19:34 CDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Mon Aug 20 19:19:28 CDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, bk, br, c, bo, bt, cc, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I used AOL to access the watch shows  it allowed me to download silver light. It worked and I can watch tv on both AOL and internet explorer . Thanks for you help

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats