Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

"Unexpected error during integrity verification" error

Frequent Visitor

"Unexpected error during integrity verification" error

I am having a problem using the new Xfinity Player app on my Droid2. Every time I go to play a video, I get an error saying "Unexpected error during integrity verification". I have the Xfinfity TV and Xfinity Mobile apps and they both work fine. I called the help desk and all normal troubleshooting (uninstalling and reinstalling, resetting set top box, etc) did not fix the problem. I went on to Tier 2 support and she told me to watch the videos through the Xfinfity TV app since it works. Not sure how that works, as far as I know that app does not stream. I am afraid I am coming to a dead-end.

Seeing the comments on the play store, I am not the only one experiencing this error.

Anyone have any ideas?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity TV Player Error

that app is brand new and not much has been posted here about it.  do you meet all these requirements

REQUIREMENTS:

• Internet connection (Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G)
• Android phone or tablet running Android 2.3 and higher.
• XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service. You will also need a subscription to one or more eligible channels to play content.
• Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password.

Frequent Visitor

Yes I do meet minimum requirements. For what it is worth, I get the error in WiFi and 3G mode. I can only assume that everything is setup right as I am able to use the other 2 Xfinitiy apps without issue.

Seems like the results with this app are hit or miss based on the feedback at the Play Store. I am guessing there are a few more bugs to be worked out?

Silver Problem Solver

i just checked out the play store reviews the first 10 all say works great. 

Frequent Visitor

Sort by time posted. Page 1 (looking at the play store from my PC) looks good but after that you will start to see people post about the same error. Looks like a couple per page are having problems.

Official Employee

Tellsch wrote:

I am having a problem using the new Xfinity Player app on my Droid2. Every time I go to play a video, I get an error saying "Unexpected error during integrity verification". I have the Xfinfity TV and Xfinity Mobile apps and they both work fine. I called the help desk and all normal troubleshooting (uninstalling and reinstalling, resetting set top box, etc) did not fix the problem. I went on to Tier 2 support and she told me to watch the videos through the Xfinfity TV app since it works. Not sure how that works, as far as I know that app does not stream. I am afraid I am coming to a dead-end.

Seeing the comments on the play store, I am not the only one experiencing this error.

Anyone have any ideas?

Our team is further looking into this. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Same problem on my HTC EVO 4G, but works fine on my Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet.

Official Employee

jimby wrote:

Same problem on my HTC EVO 4G, but works fine on my Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet.

Try uninstalling the app and then install it again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

i have the problem on my viewsonic gtablet. i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still get the same error.

Silver Problem Solver

does your tablet have a proprietary OS installed by them with limited functionality or do you have a full android version. 

New Poster

It has a full version of android. Its running android 2.3.7. The app installs fine. i open it and gan go through all of the menus but as soon as it is about to play the video i get the error.

Silver Problem Solver

do you meet these requirements

REQUIREMENTS:

• Internet connection (Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G) • Android phone or tablet running Android 2.3 and higher. • XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service. You will also need a subscription to one or more eligible channels to play content. • Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password.

New Poster

I tried uninstalling and installing again. Sill doesn't work on my HTC EVO 4G.

It seems to work on a Samsung Galaxy S II. Both are Android 2.3.7.

Regular Visitor

I also meet all of the requirements, have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my t mobile g2 and am still getting the error. I'm frustrated by this issue. Please look into this. 

If it makes a difference my phone is rooted and did not get the root access request that others mentioned getting. Had I gotten it I would have denied it.

Silver Problem Solver

the xfinity tv player for android just came out this week, there are bugs that will be worked out.

What cable box are you all using?  you need to have certain requirements to have the app work.  It mostly only works in motorola markets

Regular Visitor

Two of my three hd cable boxes are Motorola hd-dvr cable boxes. That shouldn't be the problem. If a specific cable box type is required, as in the case of receiving 3d TV programming, then it should stated in the app description. My other had cable box doesn't have the brand on it but it all three of the HD cable boxes work fine with the Xfinity TV app. I can change channels and set the dvr's to record without issue. 

I'm aware that the app just came out. I'm just expressing my issue to make sure that comcast is aware of it. 

Another thing I noticed is that many of the people with rooted phones are complaining about the app requesting root access. They state that the app works fine when this permission is denied. My phone is rooted and the app did not request root access permission any of the three times I installed it. Perhaps this may be relevant to the problem I'm experiencing.

New Poster

yea i have the comcast tripple play with 3 hd cable boxes. I meet the requirements. it works fine on my samsung galaxys s2.

Frequent Visitor

Tried uninstall, reinstall, no go.

And yes, I have all the requirements needed including android 2.37.

Frequent Visitor

My trouble ticket has been sent from tier 2 support to advanced engineering. I am guessing between that ticket and the posts here, the right people are aware of the problem. Hopefully the fix is coming soon.

New Poster

I am also getting the "Unexpected error during ........." message when attempting to stream video. Please Update me as well when there is a fix for this. (Using Nook Color with n2acard)

New Poster

Having the same issue with the Samsung prevail.
Official Employee

Dannynitro wrote:
Having the same issue with the Samsung prevail.

If you are getting an "unexpected error during integrity verification", try uninstalling the app and then installing it again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Ok ComcastJoe I have uninstalled & installed a few times with no success.

At this point I believe Comcast has to actually fix the bug, release a new version and then ask its customers to  uninstall & install again otherwise it is simply an exercise in futility or maybe even insanity.

HTC EVO 4G Android 2.3.7

New Poster

Same here. The uninstall then reinstall exercise is futile.
Official Employee

Hi all,

Are you using 3G, 4G or Wifi whern trying to watch videos using the XFINITY TV Player?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am using wifi from a AT&T router.

Frequent Visitor

Joe,  Am using WIFI when trying to use the Player..
Regular Visitor

I've tried using the app on 3g/4g & wifi. No matter the data source, I always get the same error. Thanks for your attention to this matter.
Official Employee

Hi all,

Our team is further investigating this issue.

I will most likely need to collect more information from you shortly so please look out for a follow up post requesting some more information from each individual who is receiving this error.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Sorry about the username change, during troubleshooting it seems my old one was erased.

Someone from level 2 called me a few days ago to further see if there was a fix. The funny thing was, she didn't even know this app existing. After I told her what was going on, she had to call Level 3 to find out about the app. She was nice enough, but I was really surprised she had not heard of it before.

Bottom line, according to level 3, I guess there are certain devices where they are having this problem. They are working on a fix and I was told "try the app again at the end of July or August". Luckily this isn't a critical app for me.

Hopefully the fix comes sooner as it adds some nice functionality.

Regular Visitor

I'm happy to report that today's update has fixed the error for me. Thank you for listening and for solving my issue in a timely manner. Now about the watch ESPN App...
New Poster

Same here! Thanks comcast, all is well.

Frequent Visitor

HTC EVO now works with new update....

Frequent Visitor

well, i just updated my Lenovo Thinkpad tablet to ICS, and now play doesn't work. It loads, and I can start a program, but there's just sound, no video, and yes it worked before when I was running gingerbread.

in addition, i got a shiny new Nexus 7, and again, comcast play only has sound, but no video when playing programs.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation