Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,841,414

members

868

online

36,053

topics

Top

"No signal" message when setting up Panasonic TV TH-42PW5

ANSWERED
Contributor

"No signal" message when setting up Panasonic TV TH-42PW5

My old tube TV went out.  I replaced it with Panasonic Plasma TH-42PW5.  I have a Samsung DVD/VCR Model DVD-V3650 hooked up to it.  The Comcast box is Arris HDMI Dolby Digital.  When I get set up screen on Panasonic TV, it shows Component/RGB-In Select.  But I'm still getting "No Signal".  Can you help?   

Accepted Solution

Re: "No signal" message when setting up Panasonic TV TH-42PW5


trishr wrote:

My old tube TV went out.  I replaced it with Panasonic Plasma TH-42PW5.  I have a Samsung DVD/VCR Model DVD-V3650 hooked up to it.  The Comcast box is Arris HDMI Dolby Digital.  When I get set up screen on Panasonic TV, it shows Component/RGB-In Select.  But I'm still getting "No Signal".  Can you help?   


IF your hooked up with HDMI and the TV shows component then your TV is on the wrong input, use the TV remote (not the Comcast remote) to change source or input on the tv.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: "No signal" message when setting up Panasonic TV TH-42PW5


trishr wrote:

My old tube TV went out.  I replaced it with Panasonic Plasma TH-42PW5.  I have a Samsung DVD/VCR Model DVD-V3650 hooked up to it.  The Comcast box is Arris HDMI Dolby Digital.  When I get set up screen on Panasonic TV, it shows Component/RGB-In Select.  But I'm still getting "No Signal".  Can you help?   


IF your hooked up with HDMI and the TV shows component then your TV is on the wrong input, use the TV remote (not the Comcast remote) to change source or input on the tv.


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: "No signal" message when setting up Panasonic TV TH-42PW5

THANK YOU COMCAST ANDREW!  IT WORKED!  Two more questions:  it looks like I need to use my Comcast remote to change channels and my TV remote to change volume.  Does that sound right to you?  Also do I turn the TV off using both remotes?  I turned it off with just the Comcast remote but I still see the little green LED light on front of TV.  Thank you again, Comcast Andrew, for helping me with the big No Signal problem!

Official Employee

Re: "No signal" message when setting up Panasonic TV TH-42PW5


trishr wrote:

THANK YOU COMCAST ANDREW!  IT WORKED!  Two more questions:  it looks like I need to use my Comcast remote to change channels and my TV remote to change volume.  Does that sound right to you?  Also do I turn the TV off using both remotes?  I turned it off with just the Comcast remote but I still see the little green LED light on front of TV.  Thank you again, Comcast Andrew, for helping me with the big No Signal problem!


Follow this link to program the Comcast remote to turn off the new TV

 

https://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: "No signal" message when setting up Panasonic TV TH-42PW5

COMCAST ANDREW, you are 2 for 2 in solving our TV problems.  THANK YOU!  Now we need a little advice:  We have 3 cables (red-white-blue) connected to the TV AV-IN.  Could we get better picture quality if we used the RGB-IN and if so how many cables are required?  Again, thank you!

Official Employee

Re: "No signal" message when setting up Panasonic TV TH-42PW5


trishr wrote:

COMCAST ANDREW, you are 2 for 2 in solving our TV problems.  THANK YOU!  Now we need a little advice:  We have 3 cables (red-white-blue) connected to the TV AV-IN.  Could we get better picture quality if we used the RGB-IN and if so how many cables are required?  Again, thank you!


Swap the yellow that you use for the Red Blue and Green ( or even HDMI) you don't get HD quality through the yellow.


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: "No signal" message when setting up Panasonic TV TH-42PW5

THANK YOU COMCAST ANDREW for the 3rd time today!  You're amazing!  We are trying to

understand all these cable connections.  Is the HDMI cable the best choice for picture quality and is it color-coded?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1984 views
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation