Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

pst rdk-03004

New Poster

pst rdk-03004

In June/July our x1 service started going down apx once a week with pst on the host box and rdk-03004 on all TV's.  Have ensured cable connectivity; swapping cables; and moved locations of host and downstream boxes.  The problem has become almost routine - service drops betwen 02:00 and 04:00 several nights a week and frequently does not return for hours.  Have called customer service - they get it working for the single event, but then it happens again.  We are on our 7th reboot tonight. My household includes people who work during days and nights - and I expect 7x24 service - especially given the ridiculous amount we are charged for this service.  There were several reasons we swapped from DirTV to X1 - but given the recent track record - it's time to consider going back to DirTV.

Service Expert

Re: pst rdk-03004

Scone wrote:

In June/July our x1 service started going down apx once a week with pst on the host box and rdk-03004 on all TV's.  Have ensured cable connectivity; swapping cables; and moved locations of host and downstream boxes.  The problem has become almost routine - service drops betwen 02:00 and 04:00 several nights a week and frequently does not return for hours.  Have called customer service - they get it working for the single event, but then it happens again.  We are on our 7th reboot tonight. My household includes people who work during days and nights - and I expect 7x24 service - especially given the ridiculous amount we are charged for this service.  There were several reasons we swapped from DirTV to X1 - but given the recent track record - it's time to consider going back to DirTV.

please call 800-Comcast and ask the Cable TV representative to run the 31 point Einstein test. The results may require a truck roll to the home to diagnose the problem.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: pst rdk-03004

Hi Scone, apologies that you are continuously having issues with your services.  Upon review of your account I am showing signal issues that will need a technician out to correct, could you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation