Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

problem watching xfinity on demand on computer

New Poster

problem watching xfinity on demand on computer

i have been having an issue while watching xfinity on demand on my computer. While I was watching an episode of Nova, the screen keeps self adjusting and zooming in so i can only see a partial ammount of the video being played. I tried to refresh the page but the problem keeps happening over and over again. There must be some sort of bug in the xfinity player and I was wondering if anybody else has been having this issue and how can it fixed. 

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: problem watching xfinity on demand on computer

elaxer wrote:

i have been having an issue while watching xfinity on demand on my computer. While I was watching an episode of Nova, the screen keeps self adjusting and zooming in so i can only see a partial ammount of the video being played. I tried to refresh the page but the problem keeps happening over and over again. There must be some sort of bug in the xfinity player and I was wondering if anybody else has been having this issue and how can it fixed. 

Is this happening to all episodes or just a specific one? If just a specific one, please tell me which episode.

Also, make sure that your web browser is not zoomed in or zoomed out at all as that distorts the picture.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I am also having this problem when watching Last Resort. I updated my Silverlight player and the problem remains. I tried watching in Chrome and Firefox and the problem remains. I first noticed this happening on Thursday and this is my first effort to let Comcast know about the problem so I'm sorry I don't have any info on a fix but at least you know it's not just your computer.

Frequent Visitor

I suddenly got the same problem in the last hour or so.  After fifteen minues or so of trying to solve the problem, it suddenly just went away.

New Poster

The same problem happens to me a lot. Just happened several times on the following:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Go-On/176344/2280952572/There-s-No-%22Ryan%22-in-Team/videos

Occurs on Firefox 15.01 and Chrome 21.0.1180.89

New Poster

I've had the same problems for months; over a year, in fact. Every time I've tried to catch up on an episode on my computer, I'm constantly refreshing because of viewing issues. The screen pauses and then zooms in so I only get the top quarter of the screen. It's not a problem with my computer or my browser - I've switched both and still get the same problems. It's a problem with Comcast. 

Frankly, it's a little frustrating to have to refresh and hit 'resume' when there are viewing problems, only to have the same commercial repeated and then have 10 seconds until the viewing problem happens again. I don't know if you're worried about your advertisers or what, but trust me, one time with a commercial is enough - we don't have to see it 4 times before the show finally doesn't have any issues. 

New Poster

I have had the same Xfinity problem w/ the screen zooming in occasionally, it usually goes away after a few hours.  Also, after commercial breaks the screen will black out and I'll have to refresh the screen and watch the ads again.  

Now, the screen zooms in constantly and stays.  Regenesis, Smack the Pony all episodes are unwatchable.  I tried Copper and that seemed ok.  I'm unwilling to keep trying different shows, so have given up on Xfinity for now.  Shows on Hulu or IMDb sites work just fine.  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation