Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

pbs channel 243 from St. Paul MN now requires an upgrade to HDTV

Frequent Visitor

pbs channel 243 from St. Paul MN now requires an upgrade to HDTV

I subscribe to Comcast's Basic Cable service.  As such I have always gotten the PBS channels 2, 17, and 243.  Now, when I turn to 243 I get a message that says this station is only available if I have HDTV service.  Rats!  Isn't that an extra $10 a month?  So, I called the 1-800-xfinity number and talked to a rep who said I could get HDTV service for just $3 a month, and that I would not need any special equipment, and she could just connect me.  I said I would think about it.  I called the same 800 number and got a different rep who said, no, they have no $3 a month special, and that HDTV is always $9.99.  She said they sometimes have a "Loyalty Service" that has special rates, but she had no information that they did.  Channel 243 as a PBS station was the one that always carried the Minnesota Legislative sessions, and basic public information stations (many times geared toward minority groups).  I don't know why Comcast has targeted station 243 and not the major PBS stations here is St. Paul like channel 2 and 17, but maybe that is to come.  HOW do I still get my channel 243 without paying an extra $10 a month for HDTV?

Official Employee

Re: pbs channel 243 from St. Paul MN now requires an upgrade to HDTV

Hello helphelphelp. I can assist with going over our HD Technology Fee with you per your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation