Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

pay to watch Gold Rush?

New Poster

pay to watch Gold Rush?

When did Comcast get so greedy they need to charge twice for the same program? Missed a episode of Gold Rush and when I went to On Demand; Comcast wants $3.00 to watch it. If I had a DVR it wouldn't be an issue. Goodbye to cable. Anyone else notice the new charges on various programs?

Problem Solver

Re: pay to watch Gold Rush?

Blame the greed on the owners of the program in this particular case.  Smiley Wink

Problem Solver

The History Channel tends to repeat the previous weeks episode of "Gold Rush" an hour before the next new episode. You might catch it that way.

New Poster

Yes, I have noticed the same thing, and they blame it on the network..BS, 

So, what am I paying Xfinity for ? the previlige of being able to pay the network

for a program I already paid Xfinity to watch, thank you Xfinity...

New Poster

It looks like you can watch this directly at Discovery for free with your Xfinity account, still. 

If I had to guess, I bet this is due to how the commercial revenue for replay is setup differently than when broadcast live... Discovery getting cut out of revenue when Xfinity replays their show via On-Demand. 

Go to Discovery.com, and you should be able to easily connect with your Xfinity account.

New Poster

Not happy! I have been watching Gold Rush since the beginning on demand. I have been think about alternatives to cable recently. This may be the final straw.
New Poster

This is an easy fix. Boycott the show !!  Each  gold rush show only contains about  20 minutes of unique content. Most of the time slot is consumed with advertisements and forced cliff hangers (flashback the last 30 seconds before the commercial)..

Most insulting, the forced cliff hanger is based on the philosophy viewers are gold fish (morons) and will consume any tripe. Most people with reasonable intelligence have a memory capacity to span the 2 minutes of commercial breaks. Unfortunately, program execs use their own drug addled brains as a benchmark for audience attention span metrics. 

Not only do the Gold Rush execs insult your intelligence using flashbacks, but place program segments of 47 seconds between commercial breaks, a form of audience exploitation.

Knowing all these facts, why would you want to support a program that insults and exploits you ?

I guess this proves the execs correct, Gold Rush viewers are morons.

Problem Solver

The episodes are now listed free as of today. Maybe there was an error when charging for the episodes last week, or they changed their minds after complaints or few paying to watch.

Service Expert
Moved:

Flaming/Baiting another User is against Forum Guidelines. Post Removed.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation