Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

online video viewling - will not load

Regular Visitor

online video viewling - will not load

using a HP laptop with Vista -  videos that i have previously watched are not loading

Silver Problem Solver

Re: online video viewling - will not load

donnamc1 wrote:

using a HP laptop with Vista -  videos that i have previously watched are not loading

Hello,

We need a lot more info like what browser you are using?

What changes have you made since it was working?

What have you tried to fix it?

Have you done a search in this forum to see if you have a similar problem that was already resolved?

The more info the better we can solve the problem.

Regular Visitor

I'm using internet explorer -  no changes have been made since i last viewed videos- i tried to fix the problem by disabling pop-up blockers.  even reregistered with comcast.  i have a HP pavilion dv5-1235dx entertainment notebook   haven't seen anyone i the forum with this problem

Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem - since the website changed yesterdayMost of the shows I choose will not loadeven episodes I watched just two days agoNothing has changed on my end - only ting new is the new xfinity format.

Official Employee

donnamc1 & miminvt,

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, what videos are you trying to watch?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue.  I even uninstalled the move video viewer and it does not prompt you to re-install once you select a show.

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 12.36.7.178 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDR; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.60818.0 My flash version: 10.3 r183 Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript">// document.write('enabled'); // </script>
enabled Cookies: enabled

Official Employee

cherymike wrote:

I am having the same issue.  I even uninstalled the move video viewer and it does not prompt you to re-install once you select a show.

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 12.36.7.178 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDR; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0E; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.60818.0 My flash version: 10.3 r183 Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript">// document.write('enabled'); // </script>
enabled Cookies: enabled

cherymike,

What are you seeing when trying to play a video? Blank screen, error message, etc.?

What videos are you trying to watch?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

<script type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript"></script> My Device Information My Zip Code: 05408 My Cable Provider: Burlington Telecom Burlington Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 174.63.21.128 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.0 My web browser: Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB7.1; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618; Tablet PC 2.0) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.51204.0 My flash version: 10.3 r181 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled

I have only had a problem since your site update earlier this week.  Can't seem to get most of the shows I choose to load.  I did get a discovery channel and a bbc show - but I am having to go to the networks for any primetime.  I liked xfinity and used it about everyday before this.  

Regular Visitor

the Xfinity screen comes on which says 'obtaining authorization' and then starts playback but the video never comes on

Regular Visitor

Yay!!! It's now working.  Thank you for whatever you did!!!

Regular Visitor

ditto!!  Guess you guys just needed time to work out the kinks,

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation