Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

online movies

ANSWERED
New Poster

online movies

hi.im an hbo subscriber who is traveling with my laptop and cant get hbo movies to play anymore? why is that?all others play but not hbo and ive used it before so i know it did work.

Accepted Solution

Re: online movies

do you have another computer to try it on, at work, friends house?  If so and it works then you can isolate it to your personal pc, there are millions of combinations of software that so many people have on their pc's its almost impossible to give the exact answer.   Ill give you an example. My internet wasn't working so I unplugged the modem reset the router and still nothing.  turns out it was my antivirus software blocking access to the site.

Try this, disable all pop up blockers, firewalls and antivirus.  See what that does.  If your using a windows pc you can try to start it in  safemode which disables all the extensions and then try it then.  If it works then you know a program is blocking your access.  It also could just be as simple as a problem in your comcast area.

View answer in context
Official Employee

reddride wrote:

hi.im an hbo subscriber who is traveling with my laptop and cant get hbo movies to play anymore? why is that?all others play but not hbo and ive used it before so i know it did work.

You may be running Internet Explorer in 64-bit mode. Here is a list of operating systems/browser combinations that videos will work in 64-bit mode:

Window 7 Service Pack 1/IE9

Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1/IE8 and IE9

If your specifications do not match the one’s above, then you must run Internet Explorer in 32-bit mode or go here to learn how to download Service Pack 1 for Windows 7. To run your browser in 32-bit mode:

1. Right click on the desktop.

2. Click on New, and then click on Shortcut.

3. Once you click on Shortcut, you will get a box as Type the location of the item.

4. Type the following command "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

5. Click next and finish the process.

Now you can run Internet Explorer in 32-bit. Just double-click the shortcut you created to open IE in 32-bit mode.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

thanks but this didnt work-ive got windows 7 with the service pack 1 and its 64 bit. the movies will start to load and then the screen says its loading and your movie will resume shortly and then nothing-black. This all seemed to start a few days ago when i was prompted to install adobe flashplayer update. dont know if thats got anything to do with it but it seems to me like it does.

Official Employee

reddride wrote:

thanks but this didnt work-ive got windows 7 with the service pack 1 and its 64 bit. the movies will start to load and then the screen says its loading and your movie will resume shortly and then nothing-black. This all seemed to start a few days ago when i was prompted to install adobe flashplayer update. dont know if thats got anything to do with it but it seems to me like it does.

Try downloading Microsoft Silverlight 5 from here than try playing the video again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

still not working-starts to load and then black screen

Silver Problem Solver

do you have another computer to try it on, at work, friends house?  If so and it works then you can isolate it to your personal pc, there are millions of combinations of software that so many people have on their pc's its almost impossible to give the exact answer.   Ill give you an example. My internet wasn't working so I unplugged the modem reset the router and still nothing.  turns out it was my antivirus software blocking access to the site.

Try this, disable all pop up blockers, firewalls and antivirus.  See what that does.  If your using a windows pc you can try to start it in  safemode which disables all the extensions and then try it then.  If it works then you know a program is blocking your access.  It also could just be as simple as a problem in your comcast area.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation