Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

norton toolbar chrome tv go

Frequent Visitor

norton toolbar chrome tv go

To anyone who's wondering..

There seems to be a glitch in the current version of Google Chrome, at least for Windows 7, when trying to watch TV on tv.xfinity.com from XFinity's X1 setup when you have the toolbar for the free downloadable version of Norton that comes with XFinity.  I've tried watching, specifically channel 4 (ABC) just now, and all I get is the sound if I have the Norton Toolbar active.  But if, when I sign in to the tv.xfinity.com website, I hide the Norton Toolbar (by hitting the caret/up-arrow on the far left of the toolbar), the broadcast shows just fine with both sound *and* picture.

Norton Expert

Re: norton toolbar chrome tv go

Hi 

Frequent Visitor

Version 22.7.0.76

Frequent Visitor

The Norton Toolbar version: 2015.7.0.69

Norton Expert

Hi 

Frequent Visitor

There was only one update missing, and it was likely a very new one, as my Norton program set updates regularly on its own.  My TV watching over the Internet is still the same.  If I hide the Norton Toolbar, I can watch TV from the tv.xfinity.com website just fine; but if I have the Norton Toolbar active, only the sound comes through.  This error doesn't happen when watching On Demand movies, only live TV.

Norton Expert

Hi 

Frequent Visitor

Dear Anirban:

I'm not interested in losing all my passwords and history in Chrome.  Uninstalling it would make me lose both.. right?

Norton Expert

Hi

If you are logged into you google account, the history is saved to your account and will not be deleted if you uninstall. You can find instructions to backup the saved passwords here https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/bxO4ai2JKLY

Thanks

Anirban

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation