Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

no video at all

Regular Visitor

no video at all

Please someone help!!

any xfinity video i try to watch will not work, when i click on a video it takes me to the video page and every thing loads but the video box.. the words above the box are there and the words below but this video box is just a slight shade darker then the page background color, it looks as though something should be there but it is not. I have probly spent about 4 hrs chatting with xfinity help and have got nowhere.I have tried emptying my cache cookies ive tried firefox and google crome i have unistalled and reinstalled my flash and silver light tried shutting off my norton firewall, tried rebooting computer and modem all with no results...  netflix works fine and hulu work fine just no xfinity... it worked till about a week ago and now nothing... the main reason im with xfiity if for online tv but at this point att is looking better and better... please help!!!

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: no video at all

asaunders06 wrote:

Please someone help!!

any xfinity video i try to watch will not work, when i click on a video it takes me to the video page and every thing loads but the video box.. the words above the box are there and the words below but this video box is just a slight shade darker then the page background color, it looks as though something should be there but it is not. I have probly spent about 4 hrs chatting with xfinity help and have got nowhere.I have tried emptying my cache cookies ive tried firefox and google crome i have unistalled and reinstalled my flash and silver light tried shutting off my norton firewall, tried rebooting computer and modem all with no results...  netflix works fine and hulu work fine just no xfinity... it worked till about a week ago and now nothing... the main reason im with xfiity if for online tv but at this point att is looking better and better... please help!!!

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 150 My Map ID: 268 My Persona ID: 5351 My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 70.192.198.144 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPNTDF; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version:UnknownMy Silverlight version:5.1.10411.0My flash version:11.6 r602Javascript:enabled Time InformationMy Clock Time: Unknown Server Clock Time: Unknown

My Account Information Primary Account: true Provider Codes: bi, bj, cy, bq, ce, cd, cf, ar, cg, da, cu, bv, b, cx, bw, ci, a, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, cv, db, co, bl, cw, bo, j, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: false video links http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/How-I-Met-Your-Mother/8013048594458228112/19512899606/How-I-Met-Y... http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Stargate-Universe/6246693022564621112/1893468223/Epilogue/videos http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Bones/8715216374263084112/19564099847/The-Friend-in-the-Need/vide...
Official Employee

asaunders06 wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 150 My Map ID: 268 My Persona ID: 5351 My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 70.192.198.144 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPNTDF; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version:UnknownMy Silverlight version:5.1.10411.0My flash version:11.6 r602Javascript:enabled Time InformationMy Clock Time: Unknown Server Clock Time: Unknown

My Account Information Primary Account: true Provider Codes: bi, bj, cy, bq, ce, cd, cf, ar, cg, da, cu, bv, b, cx, bw, ci, a, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, cv, db, co, bl, cw, bo, j, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: false video links http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/How-I-Met-Your-Mother/8013048594458228112/19512899606/How-I-Met-Y... http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Stargate-Universe/6246693022564621112/1893468223/Epilogue/videos http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Bones/8715216374263084112/19564099847/The-Friend-in-the-Need/vide...

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

as i stated in my origanil post ive tried firefox google crome internet explorer and opera they all do nothing!

Regular Visitor

I am also having the same issue as asaunders06.  None of the videos I try to watch will play.  The video page appears with the name of the program and the title of the episode, but nothing more happens.  I typically use Chrome, but have also tried Internet Explorer and Firefox, all with the same result.  I do not receive any error message, just a blank video box.   

I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing Silverlight, but that didn't help at all.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.   

Official Employee

asaunders06 wrote:

as i stated in my origanil post ive tried firefox google crome internet explorer and opera they all do nothing!

Please completly remove your Flash Player and then download and install it again from here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

My Zip Code: My Cable Provider:Comcast Digital Use Dac: False My Conroller ID: 149 My Map ID: 300 My Persona ID: 9574 My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.227.174.33 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 25 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.22 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/25.0.1364.97 Safari/537.22 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: Not Installed Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (3227 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Fri Mar 01 2013 23:38:52 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Fri Mar 01 2013 23:38:53 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Bi, Bj, Cy, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, Aw, Ar, Dc, Cg, Cq, Da, Cu, Au, Bv, B, Cz, U, C, Br, Cx, Bt, H, Ad, Bw, D, Al, Bh, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Bb, Bc, Cp, Bu, By, Cn, Ax, Bs, At, Ct, Cb, Ch, Cs, E, Aj, Cv, Bz, Db, Bm, Co, Bl, Bp, Cw, Bo, J, Cc, F, M, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Ripper-Street/4976650684011894112/18041411547/Season-1%2C-Episode... http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/CSI%3A-Crime-Scene-Investigation/7799457142046501112/18922563744/... http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Following/8513293858611304112/18733635677/Mad-Love/videos
Official Employee

klellios wrote:

My Zip Code: My Cable Provider:Comcast Digital Use Dac: False My Conroller ID: 149 My Map ID: 300 My Persona ID: 9574 My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.227.174.33 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 25 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.22 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/25.0.1364.97 Safari/537.22 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: Not Installed Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (3227 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Fri Mar 01 2013 23:38:52 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Fri Mar 01 2013 23:38:53 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Bi, Bj, Cy, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, Aw, Ar, Dc, Cg, Cq, Da, Cu, Au, Bv, B, Cz, U, C, Br, Cx, Bt, H, Ad, Bw, D, Al, Bh, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Bb, Bc, Cp, Bu, By, Cn, Ax, Bs, At, Ct, Cb, Ch, Cs, E, Aj, Cv, Bz, Db, Bm, Co, Bl, Bp, Cw, Bo, J, Cc, F, M, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Ripper-Street/4976650684011894112/18041411547/Season-1%2C-Episode... http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/CSI%3A-Crime-Scene-Investigation/7799457142046501112/18922563744/... http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Following/8513293858611304112/18733635677/Mad-Love/videos

The videos you are trying to play use Flash Player and you either do not have Flash installed or your computer is blocking the program.

It may be blocking it because Google Chrome has Flash built into the browser. In Google Chrome, make sure that you have the Flash plug-in enabled:

Go to chrome://plugins/ and make sure that Adobe Flash Player is enabled and always allowed.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have checked and made sure that Adobe Flash Player is enabled and I did check the box for 'always allowed', but still no luck.  

I'll be happy to try any other ideas you may have.  

Thanks,  

Official Employee

klellios wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have checked and made sure that Adobe Flash Player is enabled and I did check the box for 'always allowed', but still no luck.  

I'll be happy to try any other ideas you may have.  

Thanks,  

Do you have any anti-virus or ad blocking software installed on your computer?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation