Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

no nbc in hd

New Poster

no nbc in hd

There is no picture on my hd nbc channel.  the dvr is recording but there is nothing on it.  The nbc sd channel is broadcasting fine but not hd.  it appears this has happened to others when lineups are changed or people in between markets.  What gives?!  I want my nbc!

Problem Solver

Re: no nbc in hd

It may be that they are finally changing over from MPEG 2 to MPEG 4 im your area. The local 1080i channels are being left in MPEG 2 and all the other HD channels are being converted to 720p in MPEG 4.

Some older cable-boxes cannot handle switching between MPEG 2 and MPEG 4. You should check with Comcast to see if your cable-box and remote need to be exchanged (No Charge) for a newer compatible cable-box.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: no nbc in hd

The MPEG4 conversion should not affect broadcast channels, as they are passed through as-is. Broadcast is still only MPEG2 until the new ATSC standard is approved and devices that support are available for awhile.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation