Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,875,569

members

1,469

online

29,370

topics

Top

no live streaming on mobile app

New Poster

no live streaming on mobile app

When I click on a channel on the all listings section on my mobile phone to watch a live broadcast, states only available on home device, any solutions
Service Expert

Re: no live streaming on mobile app

Are you connected to your home network?  Do you have a Comcast gateway?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: no live streaming on mobile app

You can also select the filter to limit TV listings to those that are "Available out of home" to view 100+ channels including popular kids, sports and news programming.
New Poster

Re: no live streaming on mobile app

The whole purpose of watching TV on a mobile device is to watch when I'm not home! I want to be able to watch ALL the shows I PAY for not just some. Having to be connected to my home network isnt really watching mobile now is it?
Official Employee

Re: no live streaming on mobile app


Spydrmn wrote:
The whole purpose of watching TV on a mobile device is to watch when I'm not home! I want to be able to watch ALL the shows I PAY for not just some. Having to be connected to my home network isnt really watching mobile now is it?

There are over 180 channels which you can watch anywhere in the USA are more being added every month.  Please filter by "Available out of home" to show just these networks. 


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: no live streaming on mobile app

Yeah. Spent an hour of the phone with customer support about it today - they killed live streaming ability from the TV apps without bothering to give anyone ANY notice. I only watch tv from my phone and iPad because I'm on the go a lot so I just switched to SlingTV today for a quarter of the cost.IMG_3052.JPG

New Poster

Re: no live streaming on mobile app

On my SECOND phone call to Comcast customer service, the guy stayed on the phone with me until we had a resolution and he said, after 22 minutes that most people stream tv from the website on their computer and not the apps so they were killing the apps' live streaming abilities (he said that the apps will only be for on demand movies etc) and directing people to online website tv.xfinity.com WHICH DOESN'T WORK ON SAFARI OR CHROME ON MOBILE DEVICES and that he was very sorry.

Problem Solver

Re: no live streaming on mobile app


RedRoseAlways wrote:

Yeah. Spent an hour of the phone with customer support about it today - they killed live streaming ability from the TV apps without bothering to give anyone ANY notice. I only watch tv from my phone and iPad because I'm on the go a lot so I just switched to SlingTV today for a quarter of the cost.


What app are you talking about? I'm streaming Live TV right now on my phone using the Xfinity TV app, and it works just fine. Comcast did NOT kill the live streaming ability. Show me real proof, not just hearsay.

 

Service Expert

Re: no live streaming on mobile app


RedRoseAlways wrote:

On my SECOND phone call to Comcast customer service, the guy stayed on the phone with me until we had a resolution and he said, after 22 minutes that most people stream tv from the website on their computer and not the apps so they were killing the apps' live streaming abilities (he said that the apps will only be for on demand movies etc) and directing people to online website tv.xfinity.com WHICH DOESN'T WORK ON SAFARI OR CHROME ON MOBILE DEVICES and that he was very sorry.


Why are you trying to use Safari and Chrome?  It sounds like your device is a laptop or tablet that doesn't support the Xfinity TV app.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 615 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation