Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

new TV listings guide is captain-jacked up

New Poster

new TV listings guide is captain-jacked up

Totally under-impressed with the new TV listings format! It's too busy, and requires me to scroll down to set date and time, which was easily done at the top of the page with the 'old' format.

And speaking of which, you should NEVER push out a new format without providing a choice/button for reverting to the 'old' format.

With the old format, I could select my favorites and they would be grouped at the top of the listings, with the remaining available channels listed below them; now, if I select my favorites, I cannot see the rest of the channels, and if I select all channels, I'm forced to scroll through all of them to see my favorites!

You apparently are unaware that simpler is always better, and that newer does not automatically mean improved.

You (Comcast) seem to think you're now 'too big to fail'; if you do not make appropriate changes to the TV listings format within 14 days (by 6/18/2012), you will force me to dump Comcast for one of your dish competitors, who, as you know, are already pounding me with very tempting offers.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: new TV listings guide is captain-jacked up

Although it isn't obvious, this forum is generally a customer to customer forum and is not actively monitored by Comcast. Although Comcast employees (their usernames are in red) are often here to help, they may not see your specific post.

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.

Contributor

BUMP... I too went back to add more comments but now.. I get sent to survey Monkey... WOW comcast.. Way to open up..

I did the survey.. it is worse... much more convoluted in all aspects. Much more difficult to read, navigate, use, slower and just clumsy.

The new listing is just garbage.  

• The date change is bulky now.. you have to find it on a calendar.. vs easy drop down

• The date change is hidden if you close the left menu.. vs just staying visible all the time.

• You still cant tell if a show is set to record without pulling up the full show details. (use ipad or iphone)

• It now widens with your screen but just streatches the same information wider.. so hard to read

• Doesn’t show wide enough.. 7-9pm.. Why cant I see more?  There are chanels that show the same show more than once.. I can record the 10pm show vs th 8 and get something else at 8.  But since I have to constantly clikcy back and forth it takes 2x as long.

• For the life of me I cant figure out why you force me to have all the same channels as a favorite.  Example:  HBO - there is 3 HBO HD's.  Identical. just on 3 differnt channels.  I set HBO on 1 as a favorite.  BOOM.. all three now have to show. (same problem on cable box too)  WHY do always force me to see so many channels I don’t want.

• if you click show details it stretches to the full width of browser.  Notice I say streach.  Horrible reading.

• The recording functions are terrible.  You have some controls at the top, some on the bottom to set a recording. What happened to "record"  

Seriously Comcast.. Do you do ANY testing? Let me guess.. someone thought this was pretty but nobody actually uses it. 

Why would you roll out a "new" listing grid and not add any functionality?  It way harder to read, use, navigate and what it used to be good for it just got much more difficult than the previous version.

Do your employees actually use your product? Lemme guess.. some dev team made this and got zero input form customers.

THE NEW GUIDE IS HORRIBLE.. Why do you ADD functionality vs making worse?  Again.. just another way to tick off customers by "enhancing" things.  

Contributor

Seems like part of the problem.. Comcast not listening or "actively monitoring" a place where they could get a whole load of great information to make themselves better.

rog286713 wrote:

Although it isn't obvious, this forum is generally a customer to customer forum and is not actively monitored by Comcast. Although Comcast employees (their usernames are in red) are often here to help, they may not see your specific post.

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.

Silver Problem Solver

I wonder if everyone is having the same problem.  If I click a show to see details a nice box appears and is in no way stretched.  I would post a pic but for some reason I do not have that capability

Official Employee

I can't speak for all of the forums boards, but I can say that employees read every topic in this particular board.  In regard to the TV Listings, we did test and review customer input before launching the new design and made many changes and enhancements based on that input.

We'll continue to work to improve the page in the coming weeks and months based on customer feedback, including the input that's been posted here.  Thanks for your feedback.

Eric

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Is there any way for us to be Beta testers?

You did say customers review changes. Where and when was that done?

Official Employee

To ensure that beta tests include a representative sampling of our customer base, customers are randomly selected from our user pool.  In this case, a small percentage of users were shown the new TV Listings page for the past 6-8 weeks while feedback was collected and incorporated.  Not all feedback can be incorporated, but we do our best to include all changes, fixes, and improvements that satisfy the largest constituancy of customers.  We'll continue to listen to feedback and make improvements\enhancements, so please share any additonal feedback you have with us.

thanks,

Eric

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

A random selection would give you a high percentage of testers that barely know how to use a computer.

Regular Contributor

I could not DISAGREE more.  I love the new listings. Much more info.  A much faster load for my computer and it actually fixed  my DVR manager capabilites.  Thanks Comcast for continually trying to improve our experience.  

Regular Contributor

You might want to select random sampling from people who use the product. 27 Comcast users at my office. None have used the online listing.

Out of curiosity, what improvements were done?

Frequent Visitor

How can anyone say the new TV listings are better than the old format?  For one there is no way to click on a program to see the details, i.e., information on what the program will offer.  It's a hot mess.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation