Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

new 4k TV

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

new 4k TV

I have HD TV service now.  Intend to buy a new 4k smart TV but do NOT intend to use smart/wifi functions.  Do I need a new cable box?

Accepted Solution

Re: new 4k TV

happyreader wrote:

I have HD TV service now.  Intend to buy a new 4k smart TV but do NOT intend to use smart/wifi functions.  Do I need a new cable box?

@happyreader,

MNtundraRET is right, technically you do not need a new box if you purchase a new TV. However, if you want to be able to access 4K content you would have to get our XG1v4 television box. To learn more about that piece of equipment please see here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XG1v4-TV-Box/td-p/2907630

View answer in context
Problem Solver

You could use the current HD cable-box but you will not be getting any 4K programing through it.

Administrator
Administrator

happyreader wrote:

@happyreader,

MNtundraRET is right, technically you do not need a new box if you purchase a new TV. However, if you want to be able to access 4K content you would have to get our XG1v4 television box. To learn more about that piece of equipment please see here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XG1v4-TV-Box/td-p/2907630

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation