Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

more silverlight problems

New Poster

more silverlight problems

More silverlight problems... I can watch some shows/trailers that appear to be flash, however most/all movies ask me to upgrade/install silverlight

Mac OSX 10.6.8

intel core2duo 2.33ghz macbook pro

3gb of ddr2 667mhz ram

tried:

Firefox 13.0.1

Safari 5.1.7 (in 32bit mode)

Chrome 21.0.1180.15

(from xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer)

My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device

My Move player version: Not Installed

My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0

My flash version: 11.3 R300

Javascript:Enabled

Cookies:Enabled

tried clearing cache/cookies, tried reinstalling silverlight multiple times, view silverlight drm is enabled in preferences.

other silverlight content sites display just fine. (in all 3 browsers)

Contributor

Re: more silverlight problems

I have the same problem and have another thread open on this support forum ,,, they haven't come up with a solution yet -- i will keep watching your thread also incase you solve it

thanks

Lisa

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/silverlight-DRM-6003-error-STILL-here/m-p/1322043/hig...

Regular Contributor

have u upgraded ur silver light   

Official Employee

Hi all,

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight from the appropriate link below:

Mac users 

Windows users 

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

tried clearing cache/cookies, tried reinstalling silverlight multiple times, view silverlight drm is enabled in preferences.

Quit asking me to do stuff i have told you i have done. I spent a considerable amount of time collecting the information i have seen you request in every other silverlight thread, yet you neglected to read or ignored it. Please note I am not incompetent with computers/software/macs. I am familiar with how video streaming sites and plugins like silverlight/flash etc work. Do not give me a blanket response I have seen 100 times in your forums. I have done everything else I have seen you ask others to do.

It still says "Please upgrade your Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video." I covered every step i have seen you post in every thread thus far and in all your KBs. The fact silverlight functions properly on microsoft's own inspection site as well as YOUR xfinitytv test site (xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer) that this is unlikely a problem on my end of the installation.

Xfinity recently did at one point work ( i hadn't used it for a couple of months). And the current version of Silverlight (5.1.10411.0) was released in late may for Mac Users. This means 1 of 2 things; 1) microsoft has a problem with its most recent update it has yet to fix in regards to video feeds or 2) Your backside software hosting said video feeds is outdated/mismatched or atleast causing problems with the current silverlight software available for mac. Unfortunately since your link to obtain silverlight is a link to microsoft.com you have no way to enforce a compatible version. This likely explains the flood of forum threads regarding silverlight since may.

After investigation it seems that video feeds function if they are linked to hulu. (presumably they use the hulu player which is flash based). It seems to mostly present it self when using premium content (encore,HBO,Showtime etc.) However, this isnt related to unlocking networks either becuase they are unlocked to me. I can access them on my pc, just not my mac.

I have gone out of my way to reformat/clean/install osx 10.6 from scratch, updated to 10.6.8 installed the most current release version of firefox and installed the current version of silverlight for osx. This of course still did not fix it. So i installed appCleaner, with which I completely removed every *.ktext/*.plugin/*.pkg/*.plist related to silverlight or microsoft. I then used onyX to remove all cache/temporary files and logs from the system. Then proceeded to reinstall silverlight still to no avail.

so again i paste for you

My Device Information

My Zip Code: 46947

My Cable Provider:
Comcast Logansport Digital

My myDVR Manager Status: activated

My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1

My Queue setup:

False

Facebook Queue Syncing:
false

Facebook Connect:
False

My public IP address:

My operating system:
Mac - rv:13.0

My web browser:

Firefox 13 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1

My system type:
Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version:
Not Installed

My Silverlight version:

My flash version:
11.3 r300

Javascript:
enabled

Cookies:
enabled

My Account Information

Primary Account:
True

Provider Codes:
bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, br, c, bo, bt, cc, h, ad, bn

Internet Subscriber:
True

Cable TV Subscriber:
True

Voice Subscriber:
True

Regular Visitor

Comcast Joe really has no clue, and the same robot answer on error 6003 for months now. Had it fixed but now it's come back again. Funny thing is I forget just what I did to fix it? Back to the drawing board, I'll tell you what to do as soon as I remember LOL Which will be faster then Comcast Joe Smiley Wink

Official Employee

mketter wrote:

Quit asking me to do stuff i have told you i have done. I spent a considerable amount of time collecting the information i have seen you request in every other silverlight thread, yet you neglected to read or ignored it. Please note I am not incompetent with computers/software/macs. I am familiar with how video streaming sites and plugins like silverlight/flash etc work. Do not give me a blanket response I have seen 100 times in your forums. I have done everything else I have seen you ask others to do.

It still says "Please upgrade your Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video." I covered every step i have seen you post in every thread thus far and in all your KBs. The fact silverlight functions properly on microsoft's own inspection site as well as YOUR xfinitytv test site (xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer) that this is unlikely a problem on my end of the installation.

Xfinity recently did at one point work ( i hadn't used it for a couple of months). And the current version of Silverlight (5.1.10411.0) was released in late may for Mac Users. This means 1 of 2 things; 1) microsoft has a problem with its most recent update it has yet to fix in regards to video feeds or 2) Your backside software hosting said video feeds is outdated/mismatched or atleast causing problems with the current silverlight software available for mac. Unfortunately since your link to obtain silverlight is a link to microsoft.com you have no way to enforce a compatible version. This likely explains the flood of forum threads regarding silverlight since may.

After investigation it seems that video feeds function if they are linked to hulu. (presumably they use the hulu player which is flash based). It seems to mostly present it self when using premium content (encore,HBO,Showtime etc.) However, this isnt related to unlocking networks either becuase they are unlocked to me. I can access them on my pc, just not my mac.

I have gone out of my way to reformat/clean/install osx 10.6 from scratch, updated to 10.6.8 installed the most current release version of firefox and installed the current version of silverlight for osx. This of course still did not fix it. So i installed appCleaner, with which I completely removed every *.ktext/*.plugin/*.pkg/*.plist related to silverlight or microsoft. I then used onyX to remove all cache/temporary files and logs from the system. Then proceeded to reinstall silverlight still to no avail.

We have our own patched version of Silverlight (5.1.10516.0) that has fixed a lot of video playback errors. The links I posted above are direct links to the patches. 

I posted direct links because many customers that have version 5.1.10411.0 and are not being propmted by Xfinitytv.com to upgrade to 5.1.10516.0. To ensure it works, I am asking customers to remove every single Silverlight file on thier computer and then to download 5.1.10516.0 directly. This is the best way for the upgrade to download without any conflicts with any other version of Silverlight.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

This problem is for COMCAST to resolve appropriately!  This is just disgraceful.  It's been going on way to long, and my hate is mounting toward COMCAST.  Let's all look for other provider options.

Regular Visitor

Error 6003

Well for months now I have read past post's on this error, and have read Comcast Joe's replies.

Nothing has CHANGED!,  Nope not a thing...All I can do is say it's broken and they can't fix it, so I don't get to watch that show I guess...

Tags (1)
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation