Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

listings missing channel 12 CW Boston

Frequent Visitor

listings missing channel 12 CW Boston

Is Comcast deliberately not listing Boston CW cable 12 (OTA Channel 56.1)? Or indicating "TBA" for the whole night when ch 12 is listed.

I also am aware of the dispute with the owner of Sunbeam Broadcasting (which also owns WLVI ch 56) not renewing carrage of NBC on WHDH ch 7 at the end of the year so that Comcast can move NBC to an out of market low power station in NH thus forcing the poor people who live downtown to subscribe to their monopoly.

This seems like another dirty trick!

Official Employee

Re: listings missing channel 12 CW Boston

dngross8 wrote:

Is Comcast deliberately not listing Boston CW cable 12 (OTA Channel 56.1)? Or indicating "TBA" for the whole night when ch 12 is listed.

I also am aware of the dispute with the owner of Sunbeam Broadcasting (which also owns WLVI ch 56) not renewing carrage of NBC on WHDH ch 7 at the end of the year so that Comcast can move NBC to an out of market low power station in NH thus forcing the poor people who live downtown to subscribe to their monopoly.

This seems like another dirty trick!

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. Is this issue still occurring? Is this happening on your TV set, online or on one of our apps? Thanks for any additional information that you are able to provide.

In most cases, this is an issue that corrects itself (once the date is updated from the TV station or from our guide data provider) and can be corrected rather quickly. Thanks for your patience. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Both TV boxes work fine.  It was the listings at <http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings?cid=customer#filters=favorites> online using "Firefox" on a Mac when this occured over several nights.  Tonight's listing seems ok at this time.  One work-around that I noticed was to not use the "Primetime" button, but instead set it to either 7PM or 9PM as then the blank or TBD on ch 12 would be replaced with the full listings as if a filter was triggered by the 8PM start time.

Frequent Visitor

Here it is now Sunday 6:30pm and the listings for channel 012 are being skipped (I also turned off "Favorites" but still no CW in the computer listings for Boston).   If I change lineup to "Comcast Standard Cable" channel 12 is listed correctly with every show, however with that setting I do not see any listings beyond ch 98, so your providers do have all the info and it is available to them.  Switching back to lineup "Comcast Boston Digital" (the correct setting for me to see all my channels) there still is no ch 12.  So again, is this a deliberate corporate decision to pull dirty tricks on those who challenge the mighty Xfinity monopoly?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation