Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

issues with the new cable box

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

issues with the new cable box

I recently ( 3 months) got the new cable box, the X1 or whatever they call it...I have been losing my cable connection and the TV goes blank, or the remote does not work. I get weird pictures on my TV or half a picture and the channel guide sometimes no sound, sometimes sound but the channel is not the same one as what is on the screen. This has been happening at least once a week. I either have to turn the TV off, or hit the reset button and let it reboot. I have called about this issue so many times that I think your reps must know me by name. I think that since I have had this issue so many times, and sometimes the service is out for hours. I really should be getting some kind of refund or credit against my bill. How long is this going to be an issue?

Accepted Solution

Re: issues with the new cable box

ok, found the correct forum AND got my issue resolved. turns out it was a connection problem. A tech came out and reset all the connections inside and out and we have no more problem

View answer in context
New Poster

Have saaaammmme problem!!!  However, this AM called AGAIN, and some brilliant agent actually said something other than ReBoot.  No idea whether this will work or not, too soon to tell, but she advised me to plug the X-1 box directly into the wall socket and remove power surge protector.  Apparently the X-1 box has its own power surge protector and two of them cycle on/off/on/off and accordingly adjust (incorrectly?) power to the box.  At least, that's what I understood.  Try it if you do in fact are using a surge protector. 

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I know that it does reset itself at least once a day, maybe more...but it is still a problem because it always happens right in the middle of a program that we are watching....it is already plugged into the wall, so the surge protector is not a factor. I  have heard that they are considering that someone is hacking the system and causing the outages. Could that be the problem? It never happens in the morning, just at night during prime time. As I stated, the reps must know me by name by now, I have called so many times.

Contributor

What does this have to do with the xfinity tv website?  might get a better reply in the correct forum.

Frequent Visitor

who said anything about the website? I was discussing the fact that my TV cuts out several times a week and they have not found a solution yet. and what forum do you mean?

Problem Solver

vikkipew wrote:

who said anything about the website? I was discussing the fact that my TV cuts out several times a week and they have not found a solution yet. and what forum do you mean?

He's pointing out that you posted your complaint/problem in a forum used to discuss the Xfinity web site.(xfinify.comcast.net).  There are other forums here where your questions and comments should be posted.  It's to you benefit to find another forum because it's very possible someone else has found a solution to your same problem.

Frequent Visitor

ok, found the correct forum AND got my issue resolved. turns out it was a connection problem. A tech came out and reset all the connections inside and out and we have no more problem

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation