Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

incognito mode

New Poster

incognito mode

I cannot watch some of the videos because I keep getting the message that I am in incognito mode.  I have followed your instructions about the reset and confirmation.....rebooted the computer, closed and reopened browser etc....nothing works.    I am using Windows 8 and Chrome for the browser.

Thanks

Problem Solver

Re: incognito mode

Any third party extensions being used with Chrome? Also are you running Chrome in the Metro screen, or in the Desktop mode for Windows 8.x?
New Poster

Re: incognito mode

In a related issue, it is also incorrectly detecting "private browsing" mode (false positive) in Firefox 27.0.1. I am using Greasemonkey (no scripts loaded for the relevant pages), HTTPS Everywhere, NoScript (all javascript whitelisted did not remedy this issue), and otherwise have all flash, javascript, and cookies enabled. The only thing I can think of is that NoScript could be blocking what it considers to be potential XSS attacks but usually I get an information bar about such things, and I received no alerts or notifications from NoScript or any other add-on.

Why is it even trying to detect private browsing / incognito mode? Just to maximize the benefit from ad revenue via tracking cookies? What a silly and annoying restriction, even if it was implemented correctly!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation