Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,872,584

members

1,354

online

28,807

topics

Top

iPad play now not working

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

iPad play now not working

I'm having trouble viewing programs under "play now" on my IPAD with the xfinity TV Ipad app.  I have a strong wifi signal.  If I am viewing premium channels I get a messages saying that it will start in x seconds a promo and then nothing. 0 of 0 minutes and it says it is done.  with some other shows just gives me the black screen (zero of zero). I have tried numerous networks with the same result.
Accepted Solution

Re: iPad play now not working

I was having the same problem. The channel promos play, but then I just get a black screen with the counter reading zero minutes on both sides.

 

Here's the workaround I used: Go to the settings app->Wi-Fi->tap the arrow next to your Wi-Fi network->change the DNS server to 75.75.75.75.

 

You'll have to do this for every network that streaming doesn't work on. I had this same problem with the Netflix app.

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

Re: iPad play now not working

it could just be a problem at comcasts end.  you can try to clear your cache and your cookies and delete and reload the app.

Official Employee

Re: iPad play now not working


LP910 wrote:
I'm having trouble viewing programs under "play now" on my IPAD with the xfinity TV Ipad app.  I have a strong wifi signal.  If I am viewing premium channels I get a messages saying that it will start in x seconds a promo and then nothing. 0 of 0 minutes and it says it is done.  with some other shows just gives me the black screen (zero of zero). I have tried numerous networks with the same result.

What specific videos did you try to watch? I would like to further test this.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: iPad play now not working

Dexter season 6 episodes 6 and 12 Boardwalk empire season 2 episodes 10-12 Homeland episode 10-12 Tbs Conan 2 most recent episodes I tried deleting and reinstalling. Didn't word. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Frequent Visitor

Re: iPad play now not working

I'm having the same problem.  Here are some more details:

 

I have tried running the app on both my iPhone 4s and iPad 2 with the same result; just a black screen and a 00:00 for the time remaining on the video.  This happens no matter what I try to watch via "play now."  I have all the latest updates for both the operating system and the app.  I have also cleared my cookies and data cache from my iPhone, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and turning off and turning back on the iPhone.

 

Interestingly, I went ahead and tried to use the app at my office and "play now" worked fine, on both devices. I have a strong wifi signal at both my home and office, so I assumed the problem must be port forwarding; placing my iPhone's ip address into a DMZ did not resolve the issue however.

 

If it's relevant, the HBO GO app works fine.

 

Any assitance on this issue would be appreciated.  The xfinity app is the main reason I chose Comcast...

Frequent Visitor

Re: iPad play now not working

FYI: Comcast released a new version of the xfinity app today.  It DID NOT solve the problem.

Official Employee

Re: iPad play now not working

Try going here and removing your Available Devices then try again.

 

Let me know the results.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: iPad play now not working

I tried it but it didn't work, still get the black screen.
Frequent Visitor

Re: iPad play now not working

Same result for me too.

Frequent Visitor

Re: iPad play now not working

Any further advice on this?

Frequent Visitor

Re: iPad play now not working

Our problemwith Xfinity mobile apps is a little different, hope there is some help somewhere. We have been watching Dexter and Homeland on our iPads. Two days ago the menu for the episodes for both shows became blank.

The channels are still active on TV and PC. We, too, have a strong wireless connection, plus we are picking up HBO go etc. just fine.

Other Showtime show episode menus are ok.

Any suggestions?

Frequent Visitor

Re: iPad play now not working

Would appreciate a response from an Admin on this.  It's been almost 2 weeks...

Official Employee

Re: iPad play now not working

This is a known issue. Please go here for more information:

 

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/Orange-Keys-on-Showtime-videos/td-p/1148101

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: iPad play now not working

ComcastJoe, your post is not related to the issue discussed.  Please read my posts above.  I cannot watch ANY shows on the xfinity app through "play now" when on my home network.

New Poster

Re: iPad play now not working

The problem I'm having with Play Now on the Xfinity iPad app is lack of shows.  Nothing from Comedy Central is available?  For example, full episodes of The Daily Show are available on the xfinitytv.comcast.net site, and will play on my PC or laptop... but if I try to watch them on my iPad via the website (with the Safari browser app) I get a message saying that I have to use the Xfinity app to watch them.  So when I search for them under Play Now on the iPad app, they are not found.

 

I don't see anything from any of the big networks, either... NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS... Nada. Smiley Sad

Official Employee

Re: iPad play now not working


Xenophile wrote:

The problem I'm having with Play Now on the Xfinity iPad app is lack of shows.  Nothing from Comedy Central is available?  For example, full episodes of The Daily Show are available on the xfinitytv.comcast.net site, and will play on my PC or laptop... but if I try to watch them on my iPad via the website (with the Safari browser app) I get a message saying that I have to use the Xfinity app to watch them.  So when I search for them under Play Now on the iPad app, they are not found.

 

I don't see anything from any of the big networks, either... NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS... Nada. Smiley Sad


Some content we are allowed to show online that the content owners don't allow yet On Demand and vice versa.

 

Our content is always working on obtaining more content for the Xfinity Tv App. Also, you are not able to watch shows through Xfinitytv.com on your tablet. You can only watch videos through the app.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: iPad play now not working

So I am trying to watch shows through online...xfinitytv.comcast.net...it stated that the show i wanted to see was available online so I clicked "play now" and it gave me a message about downloading the tv app. I did. so i went ahead and saved it on my Queue. However when i click on "play now" it says it can only be viewed on the xfinity tv app and takes me to iTunes again. I already downloaded the app but it continues to give me the same message when i click on "play now". I tried this on various different shows and continue to get the same message. I am using my ipad2. Any help is appreciated!!
New Poster

Re: iPad play now not working

So, use the app instead of the Safari browser.  Smiley Happy

Then find out that none of the shows you wanted to watch are available on the iPad. Man Mad

New Poster

Re: iPad play now not working

I did that and you are right! I searched for those shows and they were not found. I just want to make sure that I'M not doing something wrong...this is driving me crazy!!!
New Poster

Re: iPad play now not working

I'm having the same problem regardless of channel or show.  I click play, I get a countdown message and network logo (ie HBO) then screen goes blank and the counter stays at 0.  

Official Employee

Re: iPad play now not working


rashah wrote:

I'm having the same problem regardless of channel or show.  I click play, I get a countdown message and network logo (ie HBO) then screen goes blank and the counter stays at 0.  


Try uninstalling then reinstalling the app and try watching videos again.

 

Let me know the results.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

 


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: iPad play now not working

I am having the same problem. Nothing will play on my iPad. I get the network bumper then nothing, it just shows 0.00 on both sides of the timeline. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, still doesn't work.
New Poster

Re: iPad play now not working

So I finally got it working, but not sure if one particular thing did it.  

 

Some of the things I did (in no particular order) was delete and reinstall the app, power off the Ipad and power back on, cleared app history, turn wifi off and back on, logged on with my other comcast ID (I have two), checked parental controls.   

Regular Visitor

Re: iPad play now not working

Spoiler
I am having the same problem, getting error message 400 on both iphone and ipad, have cleared the cache, history, and cleared out the devices and tried to reload.  Unable to play any videos.

 

New Poster

Re: iPad play now not working


ComcastJoe wrote:

 Some content we are allowed to show online that the content owners don't allow yet... 

Our content is always working on obtaining more content for the Xfinity Tv App.


 

I'm still VERY disappointed that there are so many shows that I can watch on my PC at xfinitytv.comcast.net, but that are not available on the iPad app.  It looks like at least 75% of the shows are not available.  I really don't care to see the latest episode of "Cops."

 

Also, is there an easy way to filter out subscription or other "premium" content?  It looks like you have to select each network individually, and even then it's not really clear up front which ones are free.

 

Official Employee

Re: iPad play now not working


Xenophile wrote:

ComcastJoe wrote:

 Some content we are allowed to show online that the content owners don't allow yet... 

Our content is always working on obtaining more content for the Xfinity Tv App.


 

I'm still VERY disappointed that there are so many shows that I can watch on my PC at xfinitytv.comcast.net, but that are not available on the iPad app.  It looks like at least 75% of the shows are not available.  I really don't care to see the latest episode of "Cops."

 

Also, is there an easy way to filter out subscription or other "premium" content?  It looks like you have to select each network individually, and even then it's not really clear up front which ones are free.

 


Use the "Hide Locked" filter to block anything that is not available to you.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: iPad play now not working

I get error message 400 when I use "play now".  Will not run videos

Official Employee

Re: iPad play now not working


Gherring wrote:

I get error message 400 when I use "play now".  Will not run videos


What videos are you trying to watch?

 

What device are youy using?

 

What version of the app are you using?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: iPad play now not working

Comcast Joe,

 

Below is a copy of what I posted above.  Several other users in this thread have posted the same problem, yet so far you've ignored us, even though this was the original issue reported in the thread.  It would appear you only attempt to resolve the easy issues.  Would appreciate it if you tried to figure out why the below is occuring:

 


Outsideman wrote:

I have tried running the app on both my iPhone 4s and iPad 2 with the same result; just a black screen and a 00:00 for the time remaining on the video.  This happens no matter what I try to watch via "play now."  I have all the latest updates for both the operating system and the app.  I have also cleared my cookies and data cache from my iPhone, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and turning off and turning back on the iPhone.

 

Interestingly, I went ahead and tried to use the app at my office and "play now" worked fine, on both devices. I have a strong wifi signal at both my home and office, so I assumed the problem must be port forwarding; placing my iPhone's ip address into a DMZ did not resolve the issue however.

 

If it's relevant, the HBO GO app works fine.

 

Any assitance on this issue would be appreciated.  The xfinity app is the main reason I chose Comcast...


Thanks

Official Employee

Re: iPad play now not working


Outsideman wrote:

Comcast Joe,

 

Below is a copy of what I posted above.  Several other users in this thread have posted the same problem, yet so far you've ignored us, even though this was the original issue reported in the thread.  It would appear you only attempt to resolve the easy issues.  Would appreciate it if you tried to figure out why the below is occuring:

 


Outsideman wrote:

I have tried running the app on both my iPhone 4s and iPad 2 with the same result; just a black screen and a 00:00 for the time remaining on the video.  This happens no matter what I try to watch via "play now."  I have all the latest updates for both the operating system and the app.  I have also cleared my cookies and data cache from my iPhone, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and turning off and turning back on the iPhone.

 

Interestingly, I went ahead and tried to use the app at my office and "play now" worked fine, on both devices. I have a strong wifi signal at both my home and office, so I assumed the problem must be port forwarding; placing my iPhone's ip address into a DMZ did not resolve the issue however.

 

If it's relevant, the HBO GO app works fine.

 

Any assitance on this issue would be appreciated.  The xfinity app is the main reason I chose Comcast...


Thanks


Have you tried clearing the app history?

 

Click the settings tab, then click history. After that, click the Clear all History button then try watching a video again.

 

Let me know the results.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: iPad play now not working

All videos, get error message 400.

Frequent Visitor

Re: iPad play now not working

Just tried this, same result.  Video shows 00:00 time remaining and doesn't play anything.

Regular Visitor

Re: iPad play now not working

I was having the same problem. The channel promos play, but then I just get a black screen with the counter reading zero minutes on both sides.

 

Here's the workaround I used: Go to the settings app->Wi-Fi->tap the arrow next to your Wi-Fi network->change the DNS server to 75.75.75.75.

 

You'll have to do this for every network that streaming doesn't work on. I had this same problem with the Netflix app.

Frequent Visitor

Re: iPad play now not working

Wow, this worked!  Thanks Derangedpotato!

New Poster

Re: iPad play now not working

I have read every post in this thread and tried every suggestion, including the 75.75.75.75. workaround and still have the same problem the other users are describing. I try to load Homeland, the app looks like it is going to play, but the beginning and ending counter just sit at 00:00 and nothing but a black screen. What gives here?
New Poster

Re: iPad play now not working

Same situation here. Any xfinitytv video via iPad/iPhone on my home xfinity cable modem connection yields the black screen with 00:00 counter. Via pc works fine.
Official Employee

Re: iPad play now not working


D4ng3r wrote:
Same situation here. Any xfinitytv video via iPad/iPhone on my home xfinity cable modem connection yields the black screen with 00:00 counter. Via pc works fine.

Make sure that you have the most up to date version of the app installed.

 

Also, try cleaning your Xfinity TV App history by going to Settings > History > Clear All History.

 

Let me know the results.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: iPad play now not working

The 75.75.75.75 solution does not work for me, nor does resetting the history. This is very frustrating!
Official Employee

Re: iPad play now not working


apmcclar wrote:
The 75.75.75.75 solution does not work for me, nor does resetting the history. This is very frustrating!

What device and model are you using?

 

Have you tried a different wireless network to watch videos on?

 

What is happening when trying to watch a video?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: iPad play now not working

I have the same issue on every device and every network. IPad 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S , iPad 2. Netflix and Hulu stream perfectly. Remote control with Xfinity TV Remote app works fine from these devices as well. However, I cannot play ANY video using the Xfinity Play Now app. I simply get a message saying that there was a problem playing the video.

I've tried using various DNS, removing and reinstalling the app, and removing the Available Devices from my Account Settings page. None of these actions has had impact. Back when the remote app and player were integrated, it worked fine.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats