Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

iPad app not working with Cable Box

New Poster

iPad app not working with Cable Box

I'm not able to change channels, set recordings or use any of the features of the iPad/iPhone app. The TV schedule updates just fine and I'm logged in, when I try to change the channels I get the sound notification and the icon appears but nothing happens. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, restarting the app, and logging out and logging back in, but nothing works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Silver Problem Solver

Re: iPad app not working with Cable Box

what cable box do you have?  You need to get the mobile working on your pc first.  If you can't get it to work there first you have no chance with the app.   Also make sure on your pc you have your location set to your actual zip and not automatic

Official Employee

tempspaz wrote:

I'm not able to change channels, set recordings or use any of the features of the iPad/iPhone app. The TV schedule updates just fine and I'm logged in, when I try to change the channels I get the sound notification and the icon appears but nothing happens. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, restarting the app, and logging out and logging back in, but nothing works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Please send the following information to me in a private message so we can further assist you.

We ask you to e-mail us because we don't want you to release your private information in a public forum.

Your comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID user name:

Account Number:

Zip code:

Make and model of your set-top box:

Please also include a link to this thread so we can accurately track your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I worked through some information with Comcast last night.  It wasn't working when I went to bed.  The comcast person was going to refer it to the next level.  This a.m. it seems to be working.  Problem was that neither the iPad nor iPhone could connect to the cable box in order to allow the app to work.  It worked sometimes and not other times.  I haven't checked it for a couple of hours.  I am going to assume that it will still be working tonight.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation