Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

iPad TV App just stops

Regular Visitor

iPad TV App just stops

Frustration reigns supreme with X1 downloading to iPad. It used to work though download times are very slow compared to TV Go which downloads very quickly. Now what I start a take to go from DVR (yes, on the same wifi network), it just ends teh TV app and sends me back to home screen oin the iPad. The show states it is on their but it isn't. Not sure why this happens and could use some help. Travel loads and live on this feature. Again, click take to go and I get kicked back to home screen out of TV app.

Thanks

Contributor

Re: iPad TV App just stops

mjp20067,

Have you had additional issues with the app downloading shows still?  I believe it is fixed now and should be working for you now.

ComcastLinda

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. I download an episode from my DVR to my iPad, it gets 99% done and never finishes. When I reboot the app after several hours it says that the video is on my iPad , but it isn't. It's also not on my DVR. It's gone into purgatory and I'm left with nothing. The app used to work fine until iOS 8.x.x came along and now the downloading does not work.

Frequent Visitor

The XFINITY TV App is one of the most frustrating experiences for both the Ipad and Iphone.  In addition to the issues you have, which I have had for two months now, it sometimes does not show recordings on the app that are clearly on the DVR, and this issue just started: when I downloaded three shows Sunday night, they only downloaded the last 18 minutes of the show, even though the entire show was recorded on the DVR.  It's madness.  Don't trust anything any Comcast rep tells you.  They don't care because "you are paying for a cable signal" and if the App works, great; if not, oh well.  They have no incentive to make it work, nor do they really know why all this is happening.

Official Employee

If your still having issues with the app, please send me a message with the exact recordings you are having issues with so i can share with our engineering teams. 

Thanks

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Threee today wouldn't download: Waling Dead, Boardwalk Empire and Homeland. The Affair did download succesfully but the rest hung-up. I've cancelled them all and am attempting to download them again, one at a time.

New Poster

Just tried re-booting the Xfinity box and downloading again. Each download got to about 50-60% and then switched to "awaiting download". My friends don't have this problem with Verizon. Just saying...

Regular Visitor

Every time I download a show it gets 100% done and the switches to "Awaiting Download"....I have tried reinstalling the app and rebooting my fine.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

Very frustrated too. It takes a long time to download shows to start, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't though it says 100% downloaded. Most times they just get hung up at like 80 or 90 percent for a couple of hours and I have to cancel. Comcast really needs to fix the iPad app. I have iPad air with iOS 8.1.1 and fast internet.
Frequent Visitor

Just tried again. Show took over an hour to download to 100%, but now has been at 100% for over 30 minutes and still shows downloading. Have tried closing app and restarting a couple of times. Comcast please fix your app!
New Poster

Has there been any updates to fix this? I am having the same issue and Comcast service has been extremely frustrating.  Downloads take forever.  And often just stop. I can certainly understand that download speed can vary, but even running the download overnight fails. I have no difficulty downloading video from Amazon or Apple, but Comcast seem to be unable to provide an app that can reliably download recordings from Dvr to ipad

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation