Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

iPad HDMI madness! ADD RESPONSE FOR ^ LEVERAGE

New Poster

iPad HDMI madness! ADD RESPONSE FOR ^ LEVERAGE

Very, very disappointed that the 'new and improved' TV app for the iPad still goes out of its way to prevent viewing on my TV via the iPad's HDMI out.

Doctor Who small doesn't cut it.

And the time it is broadcasted is not convenient.

So how does the tag line - anywhere, anytime - work when HDMI is disapbled?  It isn't that I do not have the right to view, so why are you restricting my screen size.

Really, there should be a groundswell of protests on this ... don't give me some hairbrained answer like the pop-up that shows up - if this is true Comcast/Xfinity isn't good at negotiations - and I find that harder to believe.

PLEASE CORRECT THIS BUG / PROBLEM -- we are not copying material illegally, just trying to view material we are entitled to see (with old eyes as well).

Frank

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: iPad HDMI madness! ADD RESPONSE FOR ^ LEVERAGE

the output of the app has always been blocked, this is by design and that is how the licenses are with the networks, they dont want you watching their content on your tv through the ipad.  Its the same reason there is no xfinity app on roku or on any smarttv. 

The opinions expressed by me on this forum are mine only as a customer. I do not work for comcast nor do I represent them in any way.

New Poster

Re: iPad HDMI madness! ADD RESPONSE FOR ^ LEVERAGE

I believe Comcast/Xfinity could negotiate better for their customer.

I added the word "still" in the original post to be more accurate.

Thx

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation