Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

how to set favorites on comcast tv guide

Regular Visitor

how to set favorites on comcast tv guide

New channel set up does not note new programs and I can not figure out how to set favorite channels.

Tags (2)
Service Expert

Re: how to set favorites on comcast tv guide

stancy2- wrote:

New channel set up does not note new programs and I can not figure out how to set favorite channels.

Are you referring to the online channel application?  If yes, there is no favorites option that can be set.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Why is there no Favorite Channel option? It is a waste of time to scroll through channels never watched or even available to my service! The option was available before this new format rollout. 

Contributor

Why is there no favorites? Because Comcast doesn't give a hoot.

Every time they change things, it gets worse.

AT&T sure looks like a better option.

Regular Contributor

stancy2- wrote:

Comcast has been getting feedback ever since the new website debuted that they needed the My Channels and My Favorite filters that they had on the old website. Then they closed down the old website, and got even more complaints. They are making vague promises that they will be added in again some time in the future, but they don't seem to be in any hurry.  I saw someplace that they are planned for 2017. There were other features of the old web site that people liked and have been eliminated such as the 5 hour compact grid and visable designations of "new" shows, so you don't have to click on every single show to see if it is new. Many of us are very angry they wouldn't let us use the old website until the new one was improved. 

Problem Solver

swanda wrote:

stancy2- wrote:

Comcast has been getting feedback ever since the new website debuted that they needed the My Channels and My Favorite filters that they had on the old website. Then they closed down the old website, and got even more complaints. They are making vague promises that they will be added in again some time in the future, but they don't seem to be in any hurry.  I saw someplace that they are planned for 2017. There were other features of the old web site that people liked and have been eliminated such as the 5 hour compact grid and visable designations of "new" shows, so you don't have to click on every single show to see if it is new. Many of us are very angry they wouldn't let us use the old website until the new one was improved. 

swanda, you forgot to add...    check out my favorite:  http://titantv.com/      ;  and I'll add my favorite  http://www.zap2it.com   and also,    http://www.tv.com/listings/    

Smiley Wink

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

BlueJay wrote:

swanda wrote:

stancy2- wrote:

swanda, you forgot to add...    check out my favorite:  http://titantv.com/      ;  and I'll add my favorite  http://www.zap2it.com   and also,    http://www.tv.com/listings/    

Smiley Wink

ciao, bj

I do use zap2it for a guide now, but I record almost everything I want to watch on my DVR, and I like to program it from my laptop. So I have to use zap2it to browse what programs I want to record, and then go to the Xfinity guide to program them. And I resent having to do that when I could do it in one step on the old website. 

New Poster

not to mention that the tv guide on the television has more and more "to be announced", so even that guide is no longer adequate for recording programs a day or so in advance.  new guide is horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

herospiff55 wrote:

Why is there no Favorite Channel option? It is a waste of time to scroll through channels never watched or even available to my service! The option was available before this new format rollout. 

Comcast owns Hulu and they did the same thing with Hulu. They got rid of favorites and the Queue. It caused of tens of thousands of people to complain and drop the service within days of the change. The press had positive reviews, or I should say a positive review that was undoubtedly written by Comcast and then parroted by all the news agencies.

At the same time all the news agencies where giving the same identically written glowing report about the change at Hulu social media forums were filled with thousands upon thousands of complaints. Then they dropped the free Hulu service and started charging. So in few years if you wonder what happened to Hulu and why it went out of business remember your experience here with live streaming from comcast.

The fact that they took away the watch list is now become a moot point as the service has not even been available for weeks. Few poeple can get past the "Connecting to your entertainment experience" error and when you do and finally get to some content it is a slide show instead of a video.

New Poster

thanks for reminding me about zap2it......

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 9 in conversation