Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

home page news video clips

New Poster

home page news video clips

video news clip links from xfinity's home page do not play when I click on them.

I just get the black box but it will not start.

Problem Solver

Re: home page news video clips

There have been no recent changes to Comcast's web site. Have there been any changes to your computer recently? Perhaps even an update that was installed automatically?

If the problem was with the Comcast system then EVERYONE would have a problem watching Xfinity TV online. Has you problem been a recent event? Could you watch the video's before now? If it has only been happening for a short period of time it could be easier to fix.

I am ok, but no computer expert and at times my replies are confusing, depending on your level of computer experience, if you do not understand something ask for a clarification. I have been working on this problem because no one else has found a solution for all problems. One may not exist, each problem may require an individual solution. I will continue to answer you and try to help for as long as you continue to post replies.

I NEED MORE INFO TO HELP YOU.

1) What is your computers operating system? i.e. Windows 7 & etc.

2) What browser are your using? i.e. Chrome etc.

3) Do you have another browser, and have you tried using it?

4) Can you watch a movie online?

New Poster

Thanks for your input.  I have a fairly new laptop which supports both windows 7 & 8.

I can switch back and forth.  I use the "7" mostly because I haven't learned "8" yet.

I have tried viewing the videos on explorer, firefox and chrome. I am able to watch most videos as

long as it is not a link from the comcast homepage including xfinity TV.  I also reinstalled adobe

flash and disabled activeX as instructed and nothing has changed. There might have been an automatic update .recently   

Problem Solver

I just need to ask two questions before we go any further. Have you EVER been able to watch these clips?

If your answer is yes, how long ago did you notice the change?

New Poster

Thanks for all your help,   I'm not sure what I did,  but everything seems to be working again.

at least for now.  I'll be in touch again if it's a fluke.  LOL

Problem Solver

Sometimes just turning your computer off then on allows any changes you made to take effect.

If you figure out what you did let me know, I can help others with the info.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation