Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

hdhomerun prime cable card not showing hbo channels

New Poster

hdhomerun prime cable card not showing hbo channels

I am having the same issues as several other posters on this forum. I have a cablecard installed in an HDHomerun Prime, and all channels are marked as DRM. Also some channels are missing altogether. I have had the cablecard installed for some months now, but have not had the time to investigate the issue so it has remained unused. Please advise how to correct the issues, or refer me to someone who can assist.

Official Employee

Re: hdhomerun prime cable card not showing hbo channels

urboyjc wrote:

I am having the same issues as several other posters on this forum. I have a cablecard installed in an HDHomerun Prime, and all channels are marked as DRM. Also some channels are missing altogether. I have had the cablecard installed for some months now, but have not had the time to investigate the issue so it has remained unused. Please advise how to correct the issues, or refer me to someone who can assist.

Channels that are copy protected by the cable provider (indicated by the DRM mark) can only be accessed by hardware/software that supports industry-approved protection, which basically means a PC running Windows Media Center, a media center extender linked to such a PC, a Playstation 3, or our HDHomeRun VIEW app for Android. Other hardware/software that does not support protection (including most DLNA device, QuickTV, XBMC, VLC, etc.) can only access the unprotected channels.

This could also be another example of working as intended if you are using PLEX as a platform to avenue the content from Silicon Dust HD Home Run Prime. And because of the recent update for Windows, Windows Media Center is no longer available; which was a primary platform for HD Home Run Prime. So users have been looking for alternative methods.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation