Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

green screen online

New Poster

green screen online

trying to watch anything at this point online, can hear sound, but picture is just a green screen...have signed out and closed browser and still no picture!!

Frequent Visitor

Re: green screen online

What happens to mine is I get what I call the 'green line of death'.  When turning on the set I will get a green line that moves from the top of the screen to the bottom with no picture or sound.  I have found the only way to stop it is to turn the power off at my surge strip and leave it unposered for about 30 seconds and then turning the power back on. The trouble with doing that is then you are unable to access your program guide or your recorded programs for about 30 to 60 minutes as it will tell you that this will be restored shortly.  Pain in the a...  I'm having the X-1 system installed this week so hopefullly this will go away.  By the way this only happens to my main HD box - the two boxes in the bedrooms continue to work except for when I power on/off  and cannnot access the guides or recorded programs.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation