Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

got new X1 box, now my X1 Recevers list is wrong, old and new are both still listed

Frequent Visitor

got new X1 box, now my X1 Recevers list is wrong, old and new are both still listed

I had one of my 4 xfinity boxes (small receiver not the DVR) replaced a couple days ago because it was acting up and when the guy set it up, it would not let us put the name of the old box (custom name of "Kitchen") because it said it was "in use", so I put "Kitchen2" just to get by thinking I had to do something online to get rid of the previous box.  But, now I have looked all over online and restarted all the boxes at home and it still won't let me reuse the custom name of "Kitchen" (which should be a standard name choice but that is another story).   When I go online, in the main account equipment listings I seem to correctly only have the 4 devices (DVR + 3 receivers) that I currenlty have, but when I go further into the "X1" settings to set things like caller id, parental settings, etc, I see that I have 5 devices listed, the old "Kitchen" box and the new "Kitchen2" box??  How do I straighten that out, I get very nervous when I see devices that I have turned in still listed anywhere on my accounts!     I did get a service receipt that appeared to properly show the old device removed and the new added so I think the service guy did everything right on his end (he was great by the way, TJ in Westfield MA area).

Thank you, Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

Dug

Frequent Visitor

Re: got new X1 box, now my X1 Recevers list is wrong, old and new are both still list

Update:  I spent about 30-45 minutes online with X1 support and while it took a bit to get the concept of the "X1 website/settings" vs. the main myAccount/myServices across to the support person, she did eventually do something to my account so that the old box disappeared from my list of devices.  

thanks, case closed for now....

Frequent Visitor

Re: got new X1 box, now my X1 Recevers list is wrong, old and new are both still list

updated update:   I now have the correct # of boxes in my X1 settings (4) and I was able to rename my new box correctly as "Kitchen" instead of "Kitchen2" because the old box seemed to be purged from my list but now in my X1 settings the old name is still there (kitchen2) instead of the new name, been 2 days since I changed it and restarted the box.   i just wish Comcast would do at least some QA on these systems and I wish when I called someone knew something about how these systems really work (I am lucky to get 1 knowlegable person out of 4 or 5 calls).

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation