Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

error code 1106

Frequent Visitor

error code 1106

when we watch a movie or TV show through TvGo or whatever it's called every so often it will stop and say code 1106. I can refreash the page and it starts up again, but why can it not be stopped? I have been seeing it for more than 3 years. I'm like a lot of other customers, I pay more money than I can afford some months just to have what I want other months. But I don't want to keep seeing an error code. When does the end of the big cable companys days come? I can't wait. I plan to watch old VCR tapes and DVD's the rest of my life, maybe read a book again. Smiley Happy

New Poster

Re: error code 1106

I'm having the same problem with error code 1106, has comcast responded with a soultion?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 1106 when watching Starz on line

All the "answers" so far have been busy work. Uninstall reinstall. Turn it off and on again. WHY WON'T SOMEONE AT COMCAST TELL US WHAT THE H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS 1106 MEANS!!!!?????

Frequent Visitor

All the "answers" so far have been busy work. Uninstall reinstall. Turn it off and on again. WHY WON'T SOMEONE AT COMCAST TELL US WHAT THE H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS 1106 MEANS!!!!?????

Admin1

Error 1106 is a user state that occurs when a Playback session is not found in the DB during a heartbeat for a given device and household. The steps to fix this would be to restart/resume the video or uninstall/reinstall the if using the App. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

"Error 1106 is a user state that occurs when a Playback session is not found in the DB during a heartbeat for a given device and household."

Mind expanding on that in a language that a user would understand?

Since "downstream noise" was eliminated on our connection on Friday morning we have not had a single 1106 error. So get your internet connection checked, would be my solution.

Admin1

It means an interruption occurs when connecting to the data server which causes the video to stop until refreshed. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Any other app or website just tries reconnecting to the stream. For some reason, the TV Go app is not coded to just TRY AGAIN.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation