Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

error 8007

New Poster

error 8007

I keep trying to watch tv oniline and it will play for a few minutes and then say error 8007. 

What do I do?  This is frusterating!!1

New Poster

Re: error 8007

It's happening to me as well. First FTD and now Z Nation.

Frequent Visitor

I have also been seeing it on a variety of programs over the past week. I have gone through the troubleshooting list - changed browsers, restarted systems, updated flash, multiple systems. Tried to get help from support over the phone & all they did was reboot my X1 system (which, of course, was never going to work).

I experience the problem approximately every 5-7 minutes after I start the video (at first I thought it was just during the program, but today I received the error during advertising). Unsatisfied with the first response, I called again. Fortunately, my call was sent to someone who was better trained & willing to listen.

Of course, she was thinking "oh, this has to be a problem with this person's router or system." However, just over 5 minutes into our shared video experience, she too received the 8007 error. She indicated she was going to feed the details to their technical folks & begin a thread (or perhaps respond to this thread) here in the forum.

I just hung up with her & although I'm glad she experienced the error, and indicated she would get the ball rolling, I was a bit dismayed that she seemed to feel that some sort of customer critical mass would need to be reached before this problem would get the attention needed from technical teams to work on actually solving it.

THEREFORE -- If you receive this error, call in to support. Let them know that the problem has been documented by support & point them to this thread!!!

Otherwise, Comcast may never work on a resolution.

Comcast video problem CODE 8007.png

New Poster

Same thing happening to me - all day today.  Error 8007 after a few minutes of play.  I keep hitting refresh, but frustrating is right.

Frequent Visitor

Re: error 8007 -- THERE ARE MULTIPLE THREADS

If anyone from Comcast takes the time to review this thread, please be aware that there are multiple threads documenting this problem across the forums.

See here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/keep-getting-8007-error/m-p/2604701#M17745

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/Error-8007/m-p/2604329/highlight/false#M17716

*EDIT*

Here is another thread from today

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Error-8007/m-p/2604406

And Here are a bunch of long standing threads (hopefully the problems documented here were resolved along the way & have just now resurfaced)

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Error-8007/m-p/2604669#M41106

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Error-8007/m-p/2215918

New Poster

Same thing here.  I spent a good half hour plus with the tier 1 rep, but tier 2 should be calling me to go over other options to get this resolved.  Hopefully they get on this soon, as it is very wide spread.

New Poster

how do  i fix 8007 error

New Poster

This obviously isn't a user error, but of course Comcast would never admit that to everyone. Something is cutting off the stream and my guess is that problem is at the source - Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

starpie wrote:

how do  i fix 8007 error

Call Comcast Support -- there is nothing you can do to fix it. This is a problem on the Xfinity backend. But with enough calls on this, hopefully support will give it the proper level of attention.

Frequent Visitor

A customer service supervisor just called me back. They have included this problem on what they're calling a "trending blog". I expect this is part of their problem identification process internally. They assured me that engineers are starting to look at it & that they have included the related forum threads I've highlighted here in their notes. We'll see what comes of it, but at least there is some active feedback from support.

New Poster

Sean did you find out how to Fox's the problem?

Frequent Visitor

Swinglerjohnnie wrote:

Sean did you find out how to Fox's the problem?

There's nothing we can do individually to fix the problem. Comcast engineers need to do some problem determination on the Xfinity infrastructure to devise a resolution. Hopefully they'll be able to track down the root cause of the problem quickly.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 8 in conversation