Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

error 634

New Poster

error 634

We have detected a problem with your Microsoft Silverlight installation (Error 634). To fix this problem please uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Silverlight.

I have done this and it did not work. I got the same message again

Official Employee

Re: error 634

lk35 wrote:

We have detected a problem with your Microsoft Silverlight installation (Error 634). To fix this problem please uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Silverlight.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have the same error code on the Bigten network & CNN channels. The Espn & disney channels work fine.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 48015 My Cable Provider: Comcast St Clair Shores Digital Use Dac: false My Conroller ID: 160 My Map ID: 46 My Persona ID: 5278 My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 68.40.218.85 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/6.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20125.0 My Flash version: 11.6.602.180 Javascript: enabled                     Cookies: Enabled (2867 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Sat Apr 13 13:35:43 EDT 2013 Server Clock Time: Sat Apr 13 13:35:47 EDT 2013

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: false Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, cy, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, dc, cg, cq, da, cu, au, bv, b, cz, u, c, br, cx, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, cp, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, cv, bz, db, bm, co, bl, bk, bp, cw, cj, bo, j, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: true
New Poster

ComcastJoe wrote:

lk35 wrote:

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Not him, but same problem.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 93454 My Cable Provider: Recommended By Comcast Use Dac: True My Conroller ID: 175 My Map ID: 25 My Persona ID: 10739 My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 71.202.192.183 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 26 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.31 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/26.0.1410.64 Safari/537.31 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20125.0 My Flash version: 11.7.700 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2515 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Sat Apr 13 2013 13:52:08 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Sat Apr 13 2013 13:52:05 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Bi, Bj, Cy, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, Aw, Ar, Dc, Dd, Cg, Cq, Da, Cu, Au, Bv, B, Cz, U, Cr, C, Br, Cx, Bt, Cm, H, Ad, Bw, D, Al, Bh, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Bb, Bc, Cp, Bu, By, Cn, Ax, Bs, At, Ct, Cb, Ch, Cs, E, Aj, Cv, Bz, Db, Bm, Co, Bl, Bk, Bp, Cw, Bo, J, Cc, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True -------------- Get the problem trying to watch PAC12 LA channel, as the PAC12 obviously doesn't understand someone in California would want to watch the California team's spring practice, not the Arizona team's practice.
Frequent Visitor

I Have uninstalled and reinstalled silverlight several times & still get the same error code. again it works fine for the disney & espn channels . but the error code shows up for the big ten network & cnn channels. could they problem be on your end?

Official Employee

HAMMOND7200 wrote:

I Have uninstalled and reinstalled silverlight several times & still get the same error code. again it works fine for the disney & espn channels . but the error code shows up for the big ten network & cnn channels. could they problem be on your end?

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

It's the same error on IE 10 ,Google Chrome & mozzilla also it does not work from my android phone either

for the Big Ten network or the CNN channels. the espn and disney channels work great on all 3.

Official Employee

HAMMOND7200 wrote:

It's the same error on IE 10 ,Google Chrome & mozzilla also it does not work from my android phone either

for the Big Ten network or the CNN channels. the espn and disney channels work great on all 3.

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight from the appropriate link below:

Windows users 

This is a patched version that fixes most video playback issues and gets you out of the "Please install/upgrade Silverlight" loop.

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Problem Solver

ComcastJoe wrote:

HAMMOND7200 wrote:

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight from the appropriate link below:

Windows users 

This is a patched version that fixes most video playback issues and gets you out of the "Please install/upgrade Silverlight" loop.

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Would this still be a good version of Silverlight to use?  Microsoft released an update not long ago bringing a more up-to-date version (with various fixes, including security related ones) which is version 5.1.20125.0, while this one seems to be a patched version of the previous Silverlight release.

Frequent Visitor

Seriously this is a joke right. after uninstalling and reinstalling silverlight & getting the same error code 634

on The big ten network & Cnn channels.it doesn't work yet the espn channels & disney & nbc channels work without issue. it does the same thing with the App for my android smart phone. I would be more under standing if you guys would tell you just don't offer the those channels on line.because after dealing with this & your on line chat. I am not a satisfied customer right now.

Frequent Visitor

6 times I have uninstalled & Reinstalled Microsoft Silverlight & all 6 times I've gotten this screen

XFINITY
Big Ten Network Live Stream

This video cannot be played.

For instructions on how to fix your problem click below.

HELP

New Poster

SAME PROBLEM!  Error message 634 for playback of live CNN or HLN or any live streaming.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Silverlight THREE TIMES and still has not resolved this issue.  I have tried this using Google Chrome and Firefox and neither one has worked.  Very frustrated.  As comcast/Xfinity customers, we pay ALOT of money to have these services and we should not have to jump through 52 different hoops to get a basic service to work.  PLEASE HELP RESOLVE THIS ISSUE.

Regular Visitor

error 634 - has anyone received a solution that works?  I have uninstalled and reinstalled silvberlight 3 times this morning.  Still no joy.  Hey comcast, can you help here?

New Poster

i am trying to stream CNN.

how can i fix?

Frequent Visitor

I seriously don't think they have a clue. I have been waiting 2 months and the issue has yet to be resolved, I am very disappointed with the Tech support here.

Frequent Visitor

for those of you having Error 634 on the BTN feed on the xfinity page. I've recently found out you can axcess The BTN through http://www.btn2go.com/btn2go/ or the app on your smart phone or I pad. just Select Comcast Xfinity as your Cable provider. still can't help with CNN though.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation