Use this tool to find the codes of your devices and to get specific instructions on programming the codes into your Comcast remote.
Go to your Flash Player's Settings Manager page and follow the instructions below:
1. Control-click any content that is displayed in Flash Player.
2. Select Global Settings. The Settings Manager Help page appears. The Settings Manager is embedded on the page that appears—it is NOT a screenshot. You can make the changes on the same page.
3. Select the Global Storage Settings panel in the left column. The Global Storage Settings Panel appears.
4. In the Global Storage Settings panel, select allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer.
5. To view or change the privacy settings for websites that you have visited, use the Website Privacy Settings panel.
6. To view, change, or delete the storage settings for websites that you have visited, use the Website Storage Settings panel.
7. In your browser, open the web page where you encountered problems with Flash Player.
8. Control-click the content and select Settings from the context menu. The Flash Player settings pop-up box appears.
9. Click the Privacy settings menu item to display the Privacy settings panel.
10. Select Allow to let the website access your webcam and microphone.
11. Quit and then restart your browser. Try playing a video.