Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,857,889

members

2,083

online

30,037

topics

Top

error 525/6002

New Poster

error 525/6002

Watching a movie, got error 525/6002, tried refresh with no luck, the error combo, was not in the errors offered.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: error 525/6002

Same issue here...

Official Employee

Re: error 525/6002

Hi all,

 

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: error 525/6002

My Device Information My Zip Code: 21771 My Cable Provider: Recommended by Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: xx.xx.xxx.xx My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2680 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Oct 15 10:46:47 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Mon Oct 15 10:46:49 EDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, br, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, ci, a, y, bx, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, e, aj, bz, bm, bl, bp, bo, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Dexter/5439073586824568112/2289850325/Dexter%3A-Buck-The-System/v...
Official Employee

Re: error 525/6002


smlogan wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 21771 My Cable Provider: Recommended by Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: xx.xx.xxx.xx My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2680 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Oct 15 10:46:47 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Mon Oct 15 10:46:49 EDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, br, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, ci, a, y, bx, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, e, aj, bz, bm, bl, bp, bo, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Dexter/5439073586824568112/2289850325/Dexter%3A-Buck-The-System/v...

This Dexter episode is a known issue on our end that our team is working on now. Go here for updates:

 

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/10-15-12-Error-code-525-6007/td-p/1442625

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: error 525/6002

Video with Error http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Event/5308078896635674112/2208758092/The-Event-106/videos

 

My Zip Code: 21113 My Cable Provider: Not Installed My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: XX.XX.XX.XXX My operating system: Windows - rv:16.0 My web browser: Firefox 16 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2851 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Nov 29 2012 20:34:27 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Thu Nov 29 2012 20:33:51 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, g, ak, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, c, br, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, ci, a, y, bx, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, e, aj, bz, bm, bl, bk, bp, cj, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Official Employee

Re: error 525/6002


NrdyGrl wrote:

Video with Error http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Event/5308078896635674112/2208758092/The-Event-106/videos

 

My Zip Code: 21113 My Cable Provider: Not Installed My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: XX.XX.XX.XXX My operating system: Windows - rv:16.0 My web browser: Firefox 16 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.5 r502 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2851 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Nov 29 2012 20:34:27 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Thu Nov 29 2012 20:33:51 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, g, ak, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, c, br, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, ci, a, y, bx, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, e, aj, bz, bm, bl, bk, bp, cj, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True

Please go here to donwload and install PlayReady PC and then try watching a video again.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: error 525/6002 repost

My Zip Code:97006My Cable Provider:Comcast Beaverton DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:activatedMy Set Top Box NamesVR 1, DVR 2My Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:71.32.243.59My operating system:Windows -  Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPDTDF; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; BRI/2)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.5 r502Javascript:enabled

Cookies:Enabled (2885 Bytes) 

Every show/movie I have tried watching does the Error 525/6002

Official Employee

Re: error 525/6002 repost


Seas1456 wrote:

My Zip Code:97006My Cable Provider:Comcast Beaverton DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:activatedMy Set Top Box NamesVR 1, DVR 2My Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:71.32.243.59My operating system:Windows -  Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPDTDF; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; BRI/2)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.5 r502Javascript:enabled

Cookies:Enabled (2885 Bytes) 

Every show/movie I have tried watching does the Error 525/6002


What specific videos are you trying to watch?

 

Have you tried using a different web browser? This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

 

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps I have posted earlier in this thread like installing PlayReady?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1163 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation