Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

error 519

New Poster

error 519

Most of the the sitcoms will not play and give error 519 as the reason. The commercials play with no problems, but when the show is suppose to start it gives the error. Other shows play with no problems.

Regular Visitor

Re: error 519

Same error code here also.  Unistalled and reinstalled Flash Player Plugin with no results.  What gives?

Regular Visitor

how in the heck is this fixed? for free?????????????????????????????????

New Poster

Ditto....is there anybody out there who has success with fixing this Error 519? This started very recently and we can't watch old TV shows (e.g., Perry Mason) and perhaps some new ones also. I have installed the latest Adobe Flash PugIn on all of my usual browsers (both PC and iMacs) and we get the same errors....Anybody from Adobe has any answers please? Obviously the Comcast Support people are clueless!!

Nash

Frequent Visitor

I am getting this Error 519 often in the middle of the programs I am watching. I cannot complete watching program nor really know where I was in the show when it happens so I can go back to that same place. What is up with this??  It is very frustrating. 

Regular Visitor

Regular Visitor

This message board is such a waste of time.  Why would anyone waste their time watching Xfinity ad riddled shows when you can watch shows ad-free on Netflix and other sites for a small payment per month?  Couple this fact with the knowledge that no one seems to know what the heck they are doing at Xfinity TV regarding the correction of error messages and my decision is becoming clear.  Time to look at other broadband options in my area and discontinue wasteing time with Xfinity.

New Poster

what does error code 517 or 519 mean, and how can I fix it?

New Poster

I agree with you about wasting time with this forum...that's why I stopped looking at it a monthg ago. Well I do have other options like Netflix and Neo TV....but then there are certain shows like Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" that works fine on xfinity and so I keep watching it for now....Hopefully in the future all my shows goes free or otherwise on Netflix or similar media....Smiley Happy Until then...*sigh*...Grin and bear it...

Nash

New Poster

thanks for referring me to no reply...this system is so incomplete...never an answer...does anyone hold a position to help there, or jusy keep passing us to dead eands...

terrible customer service!

Problem Solver

Re: error 519 I am working on a few solutions for this problem - join me if you wish

I AM NOT COMCAST CUSTOMER SUPPORT (probably a good thing in this case). I am a comcast customer just like you. ERROR 519 is the same as 517 or 422. I have posted two solutions and am working on two more. Click on this link and keep checking back as new solutions will be posted when they are ready. 

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Video-cannot-play/m-p/2115652/highlight/false#M32333

New Poster

Error 517 for two weeks now. Spent 1hour and 45 minutes on phone with comcast...no results. They told me unintall and reinstall adobe flashplayer, this did not work. I have alwasy watched online! This is just ridiculous for the price we pay for Comcast services. Get a clue comcast and find out why this code is appearing so all of your paying customers can get back to using the service they are paying for.

Problem Solver

There have been no recent changes to Comcast's web site. Have there been any changes to your computer recently? Perhaps even an update that was installed automatically?

If the problem was with the Comcast system then EVERYONE would have a problem watching Xfinity TV online. Your problem sounds like it can be fixed, because it has only been happening for a short period of time.

The people you have been talking to are not computer experts. (I am ok, but also no expert and at times my replies are confusing depending on your level of computer experience, if you do not understand something ask for a clarification). I have been working on this problem because no one else has found a solution for all problems. One may not exist, each problem may require an individual solution.

I NEED MORE INFO TO HELP YOU.

1) What is your computers operating system?  i.e. Windows 7 & etc.

2) What browser are your using?  i.e. Chrome  etc.

3) Do you have another browser, and have you tried using it?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation