Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

error 3001

ANSWERED
New Poster

error 3001

I have the most updated version of Goggle Chrome and I still get a error 3001 message.  Ive even tried firefox and that doesnt work either.

Accepted Solution

Re: error 3001

ComcastShannon wrote:

Silverlight 5..516 is the patched version that solves this problem.  All Silverlight 5 users with the exception of Mac/Chrome will be required to upgrade to this version on XfinityTV after today. Mac/Chrome users will need to manually download this version.

Hi all,

As ComcastShannon mentioned, a patched version of Silverlight will solve the Error 3001 issue.

When you try watching a video that was giving you a 3001 now, the start of the video will ask you to "Upgrade Now". This upgrade is the patched version 5..516. Please install this upgrade.

If you are a Mac owner using Google Chrome as your web browser, you will not get this prompt to upgrade. I am trying to get a .DMG file I can pass along. In the meantime, please use Firefox or Safari.

Please share your results with us.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,

Joe
XFINITY Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

jsmith03 wrote:

I have the most updated version of Goggle Chrome and I still get a error 3001 message.  Ive even tried firefox and that doesnt work either.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:My Set Top Box Names:My Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:71.203.110.99My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.56 Safari/535.11My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:071706000001My Silverlight version:5.0.61118.0My flash version:11.1 R102Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled

videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/House-of-Lies/171165/2198826884/bareback-town/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Shameless/106921/2198454378/a-bottle-of-jean-nate/videos

Official Employee

jhyt76 wrote:

My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:My Set Top Box Names:My Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:71.203.110.99My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.56 Safari/535.11My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:071706000001My Silverlight version:5.0.61118.0My flash version:11.1 R102Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled

videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/House-of-Lies/171165/2198826884/bareback-town/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Shameless/106921/2198454378/a-bottle-of-jean-nate/videos

Try completely uninstalling Silverlight then try installing it again. Go here for step-by-step instructions:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/help/technical-support/xfinity-tv-player/#silverlight-reinstall

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Still not working, uninstalled and reinstalled.  I even restarted the computer to make sure.  The same error message comes up on both Chrome and Mozilla.

Official Employee

jsmith03 wrote:

Still not working, uninstalled and reinstalled.  I even restarted the computer to make sure.  The same error message comes up on both Chrome and Mozilla.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem as the others: I watch a few minutes of a video and the viewer stops, reporting Error 3001. I uninstalled Silverlight, and then reinstalled. I ran Secunia to verify that all my programs were up to date and made any suggested changes to ensure my system was running at peak performance. Still, same error. As requested, here is my information (note: I cannot post here in Chrome, so I am posting in Explorer though the information below reflects my usual browser, Chrome):

My Zip Code:08816

My Cable Provider:Comcast East Brunswick Digital

My myDVR Manager Status:

My Set Top Box Names:

My Queue setup:False

Facebook Queue Syncing:False

Facebook Connect:False

My public IP address:69.248.12X.XX

My operating system: Windows - Undefined (note: Win7-64, Service Pack 1) 

My web browser:Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.56 Safari/535.11

My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device (Note: Dell Studio XPS 435T with 9GB, Intel i7 @ 2.67GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX260)

My Move player version:071706000001

My Silverlight version:5.0.61118.0

My flash version:11.1 R102

Javascript:Enabled

Cookies:Enabled

Current video where this happened:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Drinking-Made-Easy/170057/2195423556/Drinking-Made-Easy-220/videos

Official Employee

wmccann wrote:

Same problem as the others: I watch a few minutes of a video and the viewer stops, reporting Error 3001. I uninstalled Silverlight, and then reinstalled. I ran Secunia to verify that all my programs were up to date and made any suggested changes to ensure my system was running at peak performance. Still, same error. As requested, here is my information (note: I cannot post here in Chrome, so I am posting in Explorer though the information below reflects my usual browser, Chrome):

My Zip Code:08816

My Cable Provider:Comcast East Brunswick Digital

My myDVR Manager Status:

My Set Top Box Names:

My public IP address:69.248.12X.XX

My operating system: Windows - Undefined (note: Win7-64, Service Pack 1) 

My web browser:Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.56 Safari/535.11

My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device (Note: Dell Studio XPS 435T with 9GB, Intel i7 @ 2.67GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX260)

My Move player version:071706000001

My flash version:11.1 R102

Current video where this happened:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Drinking-Made-Easy/170057/2195423556/Drinking-Made-Easy-220/videos

When the video is playing, check to see if your DRM is enabled. To learn how, go here for instructions:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/help/technical-support/xfinity-tv-player/#silverlight-drm

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

My DRM *IS* enabled; I used that link when setting Siverlight up prior to my post for help when I tried to self-solve the problem.

New Poster

Is there a fix for this yet? It would be really nice to be able to watch a show without having to skip episodes because of some stupid error, especially considering I pay xfinity extra money for the ability to "watch that show any time anywhere" (which I can't).

New Poster

Having issues with using the playback for The Walking Dead.  Was watching and got the 3001 error message.  I have the updated version of Silverlight because my netflix works just fine.  I was in the middle of the episode and the commercial started to interfere with the show.  Next thing I know, I just get an error message...  Please fix, today was my very 1st day using this and already I am having a bad experience.

Official Employee

wmccann: Is this issue happening with any other videos or just Drinking Made Easy?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

My Device Information

My Zip Code: Unknown

My Cable Provider: Unknown

My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed

My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed

My Queue setup: False

Facebook Queue Syncing: False

Facebook Connect: False

My public IP address: 76.113.160.177

My operating system: Windows - Undefined

My web browser: Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.56 Safari/535.11

My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device

My Move player version: Not Installed

My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0

My flash version: 11.1 R102 Javascript: Enabled

Cookies: Enabled

Frequent Visitor

Yes, ComcastJoe, it happened with multiple episodes of The Layover and Bizarre Foods America, two shows on The Travel Channel. Since this error seems to be reported for Windows/Chrome combos, has this been tested?

Please note, I can usually fool the player to continue in some cases. When the video begins to get choppy--a sign I'm losing my link even though I have a 20Mb connection and it's not a traffic problem--I grab the slider and advance the video by a minute or two. Sometimes (but not always) that gives me another 10 minutes before a crash.

I've also noticed that the list of available online episodes will vary between browsers, with Chrome showing more available entries than Explorer.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem trying to watch the latest ep of Walking Dead -- it plays for about five minutes and then cuts out with the 3001 error.  If I restart the video, it plays for a while and cuts out again -- always starts with the commercial, and that drives me crazy!  Here's my info:

My Device Information

My Zip Code:
Unknown
My Cable Provider:
Unknown
My myDVR Manager Status:
Unknown
My Set Top Box Names:
Unknown
My Queue setup:
False
Facebook Queue Syncing:
false
Facebook Connect:
False
My public IP address:
My operating system:
Windows - rv:10.0.2
My web browser:
Firefox 10 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
My system type:
Desktop computer or other device
My Move player version:
Not Installed
My Silverlight version:
My flash version:
11.1 r102
Javascript:
enabled
Cookies:
enabled

New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 19095 My Cable Provider: Comcast Willowgrove Rbld Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 2 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 68.82.211.124 My operating system: Windows - rv:2.0.1 My web browser: Firefox 4 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 10.1 r53 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled one of many videos not workinghttp://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Worst-Cooks-in-America/106309/2205545389/Late-Night-Date-Night/videos?skipTo=resume
New Poster

here my info again and the latest episode ive been trying to watch. Ive done the silverlight uninstall and reinstall already

y Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 71.203.110.99 My operating system: Windows - rv:10.0.2 My web browser: Firefox 10 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Shameless/106921/2204883830/Shameless%3A-Parenthood/videos

Frequent Visitor

It's been a while since we heard anything from Comcast. An update would be nice.

Official Employee

wmccann wrote:

It's been a while since we heard anything from Comcast. An update would be nice.

I have no update but I am still testing it out. I will update you when I learn more.

Thank you for feedback and information. It has been very helpful during our testing.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have the same problem as everyone else. I primarily use chrome, but have tried Firefox and Safari to no avail. This is beyond irritating. 

My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:Not InstalledMy Set Top Box Names:Not InstalledMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:98.225.78.158My operating system:Mac - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_8) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.79 Safari/535.11My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.0.61118.0My flash version:11.1 R102Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Battlestar-Galactica/8792/2193146689/Battlestar-Galactica-104/videos

New Poster

I have the same problem here is my infor on watching the walking dead it has been going on for about 3 weeks now. 

My Zip Code:95973My Cable Provider:Comcast Chico DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:ActivatedMy Set Top Box Names:Living RoomMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:99.90.109.156My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.79 Safari/535.11My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.0.61118.0My flash version:11.1 R102Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled

New Poster

My Zip Code:33433My Cable Provider:Comcast Boca Raton DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:Not InstalledMy Set Top Box Names:Not InstalledMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:TrueMy public IP address:76.108.153.59My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.79 Safari/535.11My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.0.61118.0My flash version:11.1 R102Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Countdown-with-Keith-Olbermann/171640/2210619965/Countdown-With-Keit...

New Poster

Solution for ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cleared the browsing data and all cookies on google chorme and i have not had an error since. hope it works for others.

you go to:

the wrench icon upper right corner

under the hood

clear browsing data 

clink on clear data

New Poster

My Zip Code: 06118

My Cable Provider: Comcast Hartford Digital

My myDVR

Manager Status: Activated

My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1

My Queue setup: False

Facebook Queue Syncing: False

Facebook Connect: False

My public IP address: 24.91.102.77

My operating system: Windows - Undefined

My web browser: Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.79 Safari/535.11

My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device

My Move player version: Not Installed

My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0

My flash version: 11.1 R102 Javascript:

Enabled Cookies:Enabled

New Poster

The same thing is happening to me with Safari.  I tried all the "fixes" and nothing worked.  It is happening with Worst Cooks in America at the moment.  It has happened with every show I've ever tried to watch on

here though.  

This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 3001)

Please check back soon.

LEARN MORE

Official Employee

icueicue wrote:

My Zip Code:33433My Cable Provider:Comcast Boca Raton DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:Not InstalledMy Set Top Box Names:Not InstalledMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:TrueMy public IP address:76.108.153.59My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.79 Safari/535.11My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.0.61118.0My flash version:11.1 R102Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Countdown-with-Keith-Olbermann/171640/2210619965/Countdown-With-Keit...

This episode of Countdown is an issue on our end; we are fixing it now. I will update you when it is fixed.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am having the same problem with Worst Cooks in America, the Third season episode 1:  http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Worst-Cooks-in-America/106309/2195987616/Baseline-Challenge/videos My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 174.50.172.13 My operating system: Windows - rv:11.0 My web browser: Firefox 11 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

New Poster

Funny, when I tried posting the URL it made me change it and after posting I clicked it and it allowed me to watch the video after that...

New Poster
Official Employee

azrealle wrote:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Worst-Cooks-in-America/106309/2199730768/International-Cuisine/video...

This particular video is an issue on our end and our team is working on it now. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

azrealle wrote:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Worst-Cooks-in-America/106309/2199730768/International-Cuisine/video...

Please try it now and let me know if it is working for you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

New Poster

there is nothing wrong with your computer or the browser it is their pages and such. i tried on all my browsers such as explorer and firefox and chrome..... and this new browser called rock melt... it all does the same thing freeze and go and freeze and then error 3001...do not fix your browser or anything it is the comcast's tech problem with their pages and movies....

New Poster

I am having the same issues.  It occured before with Walking Dead episodes, so I just went and found them elsewhere.

Tonight, I am trying to watch the Mad Men 5 premiere episode. 

The error tells me that the video is "no longer available".

It allows me to back page, hit play and resume, but I often am forced to watch the commercials again - the slider often doesn't work at all.

I am using a Mac 10.5.8 and Firefox, with Silverlight recently updated. Netflix works flawlessly.

Official Employee

boo-boo4 wrote:

I am having the same issues.  It occured before with Walking Dead episodes, so I just went and found them elsewhere.

Tonight, I am trying to watch the Mad Men 5 premiere episode. 

The error tells me that the video is "no longer available".

It allows me to back page, hit play and resume, but I often am forced to watch the commercials again - the slider often doesn't work at all.

I am using a Mac 10.5.8 and Firefox, with Silverlight recently updated. Netflix works flawlessly.

Thanks,

Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

It's the season finally comcast Joe and all i wanna do is watch shameless without the error 3001 please please fix it and soon.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Shameless/106921/2216527319/Shameless%3A-Fiona-Interrupted/videos

and this one

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Mary-Mary/175546/2216840261/Giving-Thanks/videos

New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 71.63.6.228 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Safari 5.1 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.54.16 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/5.1.4 Safari/534.54.16 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.50524.0 My flash version: 11.1 R102 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled

New Poster

My Zip Code: 55014 My Cable Provider: Comcast Blaine Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 2, DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: My public IP address: 67.175.132.152 My operating system: Mac - rv:11.0 My web browser: Firefox 11 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: 071505000006 My Silverlight version: 4.0.60531.0 My flash version: 10.3 r183 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Mad-Men/95854/2218320900/Tea-Leaves/videos

It happened constantly with the first episode too.

New Poster

Mine is also giving me the same Error Code 3001 when trying to watch the Tea Leaves Episode of Mad Men.

My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:99.47.23.80My operating system:Mac - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 18 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_0) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.151 Safari/535.19My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.0.61118.0My flash version:11.2 R202Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled

New Poster

You know, I've been a developer for 13 years. If I screwed up an issue of this magnitude so continuously, and never fixed it, I'd have been fired. This sad, sad support. I'm going to guess that there are MULTITUDES more who never even report this. 

I've tried all the suggestions, on Chrome, IE and Mozilla. On XP, Vista and Win 7. (I have a lot of pc's / laptops). Every one gives these issues sooner or later. 

Someone needs to be fired over this. I don't say that lightly, but Comcast makes HEAPS of money and their developers aren't paid paupers wages - yet this is still not rectified. 

I'd be ashamed of myself over something like this. 

New Poster

Google Chrome....same issues with video playback; this is nuts.

Frequent Visitor

Not that I want to point fingers, but these problems--and the inability to fix them--arose when Comcast put in place their new premium streaming service, Streampix. 

New Poster

Error 3001

I use firefox as browser. I have a MacBook Pro. I have installed and uninstalled several times. The video gets stopped by Error 3001. Next, I go back to browsing. restart. then watch for a while. Typically I have to restart the video 3-8 times per show. This happens on Starz and other channels. But sometimes it doesn't happen. since I have followed the technical instructions, I amm not sure what to do as the next step.

Regular Visitor

Re: Error 3001

Hello,

Please let us know if there is any specific videos / episodes throwing the errors ?

Thanks,

Jaggu

Tags (1)
New Poster

I keep having the same problem with Error 3001.  If I hit refresh, I have to watch some commercials and then the video will resume.  it doesn't resume where I left off - it resumes a few minutes before it errored. It is currently happening with Mad Men.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Silverlight and everything is enabled that ought to be.

My Zip Code:Unknown

My Cable Provider:Unknown

My myDVR Manager Status:Unknown

My Set Top Box Names:Unknown

My public IP address:24.3.122.153

My operating system:Windows - Undefined

My web browser:Chrome 18 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.152 Safari/535.19

My system typeesktop Computer Or Other Device

My Move player version:Not Installed

My flash version:11.2 R202

New Poster

The Killing Season 2

OgiJun getting the 3001 Error

Had problems with Mad Men too. Kept going back and resume play and slide the slider a minute or so ahead.Super annoying!

New Poster

error 3001

getting error 3001 on many shows current one is 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/The-Killing/141003/2220850669/Numb/videos

i have a macbook

Official Employee

Hi all,

If you are using Silverlight 5, please try using Silverlight 4. Completely uninstall Silverlight 5 and then go here to download Silverlight 4:

http://go2.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=124807

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have been having the same problem as everyone else for like the past week. (I've been trying to watch Man Med Signal 30 and The Pitch)

It is a little ridiculous that you expect us to uninstall and reinstall an older version of software to get videos to work. (especially since Netflix requires silverlight 5). I am paying to be able to watch my videos online, so Comcast should fix the problem, not me.

My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:Not InstalledMy Set Top Box Names:Not InstalledMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:76.114.116.223My operating system:Mac - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 18 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_7) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.151 Safari/535.19My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.0.61118.0My flash version:11.2 R202Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled

New Poster

Have you figured out a fix for this 3001 error code yet?  I've noticed it keeps happening when watching AMC programs -- The Killing, Mad Men. And it seems to have started happening when Xfinity launched it's premium Streaming "Streampix" service.  I've scoured the Xfinity site and the net, and no solutions -- very frustrating!   

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats