Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

display more than 2 hours on grid

Frequent Visitor

display more than 2 hours on grid

The TV listings on XFINITY by Comcast no longer works.  It doesn't list all channels and tells me to change the time on my computer.  Have called several times to no avail.  Was directed to xfinity.com.  When the TV listings come up, only 2 hours are displayed.  So if I want to program from 8-11, I have to go through the listings twice.  This is terrible.  I preferred the Comcast site, but no one seems to be able to fix it like it was.

Problem Solver

Re: display more than 2 hours on grid

Not sure what site you are talking about, but if I go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings I can display up to 5 hours of programming, by selecting the gear icon.  As for the timezone error, just disregard that.  Comcast breaks that twice a year, then takes them a month or two to fix it.

Guide.jpg

Frequent Visitor

The Xfinitytv.comcast does list 5 hours.  But XFINITY TV to where I was directed by Comcast only displays 2-1/2 hours on its grid, although it does display all channels in my area that Xfinitytv.comcast does not.  So thumbs down to Comcast, Xfinity, all of them!

Frequent Visitor

I'm not talking about the xfinity by comcast.  I know that can show 5 hours. I was directed to https://xtv.comcast.net/foryou that displays only 2-1/2 hours.  I just found out that the grid does NOT display the local NBC channel on it.  Only if you go down to 811 can you find it.  All the other local channels are displayed.

Problem Solver

Ceecee17, my curiousity got me to click your link above, and the below image is what I got. Is this for the X1 platform?  I did not go any further than this screen, chicken Smiley Wink .  I should have remained chicken..  The second screen reflects the fill in of info.  

I hope I haven't screwed up my computer with this, I do not have X1...  

Tv listing link.PNG

Tv listing link fill up.PNG

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for trying to help.  Yes, I recently got the X1 platform.  I don't know if this is what screwed up the xfinity comcast set-up, but I'm tired of fighting it.  I just go to Guide on my TV and program from there.  When I've phoned about this, I've been transferred from person to person and I'm tired of explaining what they should already know and should have fixed.  Again, thanks.

Problem Solver

Sorry I couldn't help and I do sympathize with you. I guess that's why I'm staying away from this upgrade. There is number of comcast employees on line now, you might want to try to contact one, possibly one of the admins.  Also did you know there was an X1 forum?  

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/bd-p/X1  , also within that forum there's a PINNED thread on upcoming X1 updates.  I hate to send you off to do your own investigating, but it's a crying shame that comcast isn't capable of assisting customers with problems.  Especially since you are PAYING  EXTRA for the X1 platform..  

Good Luck, ciao, bj

comcast employees online 12~3.PNG 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, BlueJay, for the links. I may try the X1 Forum some day, but I'm too busy with the upcoming holiday to bother right now.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation