disconnecting cable just want internet

New Poster

disconnecting cable just want internet

will comcast charge me the same for internet if i disconnect cable tv

Gold Problem Solver

Re: disconnecting cable just want internet

Maybe. Here's a portion of the price sheet for my area in Central PA:

XfInTv1.png

Pricing will probably be different for your area. You should be able to pick up a price sheet at a Service Center (check locations and hours at http://customer.xfinity.com/service-center-locations), or have Customer Service send one to you.

Pricing for most packages may have been included with one of your recent bills. Check https://customer.xfinity.com/.

Frequent Visitor

I just disconnected mine and am paying $59.99 a month just for internet. It works fine for streaming videos and other things I need and want to do. I live in Minnesota.

I have no regrets for watching OTA TV with no cost, but we have amazon prime and will be getting netflix. I also downloaded a free app on my computer called, Kodi. Through it, I've been able to watch programs I've missed while having cable.

Frequent Visitor

No. And this is what you need to do. Ask for the loyalty dept. When the representative gets to you, insist on the fact that you just want internet. He or she is trained to tell you about promotions, if there are any. to try to get you to sign up for one.Don't fall for it. If you really don't want cable tv, stick to your guns. Ask for the lowest price available for internet only. He or she will ask you what you do on the internet, watch movies, read emails, use FB, etc. By replying, honestly, you will find the lowest speed works just as well for the least price.

From what I understand, those higher, supposed, speeds really aren't that much difference. They haven't been, in my case, anyway.

I also am buying my own modem, which will cut another $10 a month. They are not that expensive and will save you a bundle in the long run. Of course, it won't be covered by Comcast's warranty.

There are streaming boxes you can get that will get you lots of viewing. You pay once or you can pay a subscription to a streaming service, such as, amazon prime. You can also get Sling box for some cable channels. Do your research. You'll be pleasingly surprised at what you can get for a lot cheaper. In some cases, subscribers are only paying $20 a month for their viewing and often without commercials.

For now, we are just using antennas and are receiving over 43 channels, most of them have programming that is a lot like cable. Of course, they have commercials. You can buy a DVR that will skip them also and record shows just like the Comcast DVR.

Well. Like I said, do your research, and best to you without cable tv.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation