Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

choppy streaming

New Poster

choppy streaming

I'm confused because suddenly my Macbook has an issue with streaming video—it's all choppy, both in Youtube and Xfinity TV, regardless of the set quality of playback. I have the newest versions of Flash and Silverlight, so what is the deal here? Could it be my WiFi connection happens to be poor this evening? I checked my Activity Monitor, but that shouldn't really be an issue because in the past I have had all types of programs open (such as iTunes) while streaming flawless HD on Xfinity TV. What's up with all this choppiness!?! 

Help!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: choppy streaming

My public IP address:71.225.1.119

My operating system:Mac - Undefined

My web browser:Safari 5.1 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.57.2 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/5.1.7 Safari/534.57.2

My system typeesktop Computer Or Other Device

My Move player version:Not Installed

My Silverlight version:5.1.10411.0My flash version:11.2 R202Javascript:Enabled Cookies:Enabled

Official Employee

K_Deegan wrote:

I'm confused because suddenly my Macbook has an issue with streaming video—it's all choppy, both in Youtube and Xfinity TV, regardless of the set quality of playback. I have the newest versions of Flash and Silverlight, so what is the deal here? Could it be my WiFi connection happens to be poor this evening? I checked my Activity Monitor, but that shouldn't really be an issue because in the past I have had all types of programs open (such as iTunes) while streaming flawless HD on Xfinity TV. What's up with all this choppiness!?! 

Help!

Since this is occurring on multiple sites, it may be your computer. Try restarting your computer and then try again.

If videos are still choppy, try using a different web browser and let me know if it improves. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I tried Google Chrome. No luck. Any ideas?

Silver Problem Solver

have you tried resetting your modem or router? are you hardwired or wireless>?

New Poster

Wireless. ????

Silver Problem Solver

are you saying you are wireless or what do I mean wireless?    Your trying to watch video on your computer, are you hooked directly to your modem with a cable or are you connecting wirlessly with a wireless router.  I was asking because if your wirless that could be your issue.

New Poster

reset my modem and router. things are back to normal. thanks a lot! 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation