Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

channels are incorrectly in Spanish

New Poster

channels are incorrectly in Spanish

This problem started about three or four weeks ago.  Whenever I tune to the over the air channels (NBC - 810, CBS - 803, ABC - 806, PHL - 807 , Fox - 805, WHYY - 812, and NJTV - 800), after 3 to 4 seconds, the sound goes off for a brief instant, then comes back.  Most of the time it is just annoying, but everything is fine.  However, sometimes when it comes back after the brief pause, the sound comes back in Spanish, and it stays in Spanish until the show is over.  Needless to say, I can't watch it.  It's like something in the transmission signal is haywire.  It has happened for three consecutive weeks for the Saturday night show of Blue Bloods on 803.  On Sunday, it happened for the Eagles game on 805.  On Sunday night, it happened for Sunday night football on 810.  So all in all it has happened six, possibly seven, times over three weeks.  What is wrong??

Official Employee

Re: channels are incorrectly in Spanish

CJBAL wrote:

This problem started about three or four weeks ago.  Whenever I tune to the over the air channels (NBC - 810, CBS - 803, ABC - 806, PHL - 807 , Fox - 805, WHYY - 812, and NJTV - 800), after 3 to 4 seconds, the sound goes off for a brief instant, then comes back.  Most of the time it is just annoying, but everything is fine.  However, sometimes when it comes back after the brief pause, the sound comes back in Spanish, and it stays in Spanish until the show is over.  Needless to say, I can't watch it.  It's like something in the transmission signal is haywire.  It has happened for three consecutive weeks for the Saturday night show of Blue Bloods on 803.  On Sunday, it happened for the Eagles game on 805.  On Sunday night, it happened for Sunday night football on 810.  So all in all it has happened six, possibly seven, times over three weeks.  What is wrong??

Apologies, the Link below should assist.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Non-X1-Service/Spanish-Audio-No-Audio-DVS-SAP-Secondary-Audio-Program/t...

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: channels are incorrectly in Spanish

Thanks.  However, the problem was solved.  I called Tech Support.  They did a reset, and all was fixed.  They told me to press D on the Remote if it happens in the future, and doing that should correct the problem..

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation