Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

channel 101 flint MI forum

New Poster

channel 101 flint MI forum

PLEASE put Channel 101 Weather back on. Last week we had toronado warnings in Livingston County, MI and when I went to Channel 30 Weather it had the fires in California on. The tornado sirens went on and I didn't know whether to take cover or continue watching TV. Channel 101 gave us up to date radar. Channel 101 was the only channel to watch during severe thunder storms, tornado's, etc. for safety purposes. Please consider adding it back to our line-up in Brighton, MI. thank you

New Poster

Re: channel 101 flint MI forum

I agree, it was rather abrupt that Channel 101 (Weather Scanner) was taken down without notice.

Everyone in my household used that channel to prepare for the day because we could not rely on the news channels or the dedicated Weather Channel (Channel 42/Channel 245). With the Weather Scanner, it was very quick to figure out what the weather was going to be for the day in our area at any point during the day. The other channels that actually show the weather tend not to show it when it is needed, which is approximately 75% of the time anyone in the house is checking it.

With the channel being removed, we, the consumers, deserve to at least know why it was taken down.

Official Employee

Hello all, I understand you desire to watch the "Weather Scan" channel in your area but this channel was discontinued on 10/10/17 in most regions and will be completely removed from all channel lineups by 12/5/17. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I can understand that the channel was removed. Would you happen to know why the channel was discontinued?

Official Employee

S_Laura wrote: I can understand that the channel was removed. Would you happen to know why the channel was discontinued?

I don't have an exact reason why the channel has been discontinued, this was a decision made by upper management.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Without channel 101, Comcast is certainly not worth the cost.  The fact that Comcast does not care about public safety leads me to believe that thier home security must also be inferior.  I will be cancelling all three of the services I presently recieve from xfinity.  The weather channel does not cover local weather when it is most needed.

Admin1

Hi jschmidt33south -- We are sorry you feel this way about the Weather Scan channel. To be clear, we do take safety issue very seriously. This channel would not qualify as a safety type. Aside from using The Weather Channel's local on the 8's, we have several other ways of obtaining local weather information. You can use the Weather App on our X1 platform. Go to Main Menu > Local Weather for non-X1 platform. You can also view local weather information on your Home Security Touchscreen Controller. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation