Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

change cookie policy?

Frequent Visitor

change cookie policy?

The site is asking me to "turn on cookies." I have not changed the settings I've been usiing without a problem all along, have you changed something?

Frequent Visitor

Re: change cookie policy?

I am still having this problem.

I check the remember me box when I log in. For the past week or so when I come to the site I am usually not recognized as being logged in. When I click the "Sign in" button at the top of the page I have a 50/50 shot of the system logging me in, or showing me a page that says my cookies are turned off. I do keep third party cookies turned off, but I've done so for years and never had this problem before.

Since the system logs me in automatically without prompting for username etc, when it works, I assume that the normal cookie is doing its job.

When I do get the cookie warning I usually get around it by going back to the main page and trying it again. Sometimes I have to refresh the home page and try again, and sometimes I have to close and restart my browser (current firefox/win7).

Anybody else running into this?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation