Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

cant watch movies on internet because of parental controls(which i have turned off)

New Poster

cant watch movies on internet because of parental controls(which i have turned off)

When I click play on any particular movie, it says obtaining authorization, then it says this video is rated TV-14, or TV-R, etc. and says manage parental controls below that. Well I have my parental controls off! Also I tried turning them on and unlocking everything, but nothing happens after I do that either. I try and adjust my settings, off, on unlock, and it repeats the same thing on multiple movies or shows. Also managing parental controls is on a different page/tab when you change/open them, and I have tried to watch shows from that tab/page and still same thing all over....(manage parental controls)...after you click on the show to play. Anyone know what I need to do to just be able to watch shows online? Do I need to download anything....what?

New Poster

Re: cant watch movies on internet because of parental controls(which i have turned of

I just tried to watch live TV(msnbc), something without a rating, and its saying starting playback. Like its downloading the live feed, but its been doing that for over 10 mins now with no playing yet. At least it tried anyway, but thats with live shows with no rating. Still have the initial problem. Also when I put a password in for parental controls and try and play a movie, and nothing with the same parental control thing comes up, it makes me RE-create a password for parental controls, which I just did. So for some reason its not locking my parental controls in. I just went to comcast after years of dish and am starting to get very displeased. Had issues from the onset of joining comcast, I hope they improve. Dish was good, but no broadband service. Thats why im here. I do have one good thing to say. So far I love my Blast internet. Nice and fast! No problems!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation