Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

cant fix the 517 error

New Poster

cant fix the 517 error

ever since i updated my flash to the latest version i cant play any videos on xfinity, it keeps saying error 517 i've un installed and re installed it a couple times but nothing seems to work anyone else having this problem or know how to fix this?

New Poster

Re: cant fix the 517 error

I'm having the same exact problem and I didn't upgrade flash so I dont know why its happening.  Its been going all day and I have spend the entire day uninstalling and reinstalling flash and all of my browsers.  I mainly use Chrome which has flash built in and doesnt require uninstalling.  I still uninstalled Chrome and re-downloaded and installed it and nothing. I cant figure it out. Ive tried everything. 

Regular Visitor

Has anyone helped you with this problem yet? I've had the same problem for a week now. Have followed all the instructions to fix but nothing works. Help.

Official Employee

Hi,

Is there specific content or programs you are attempting to view when you encounter this error? It will aid our investigation if you could provide some detail around the issue.

Thanks. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm getting this error while watching s1/e10 of True Blood. It started buffering really bad during play so I restarted my router and laptop. Tried to pick up where I left off and now I'm getting this error.
Official Employee

Thanks. We'll have a look at that episode and let you know if anything turns up. Are you seeing this with other episodes or just just that one?

Also, what browser and operating system are you using?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm running chrome with windows 7.
I did a second reboot and everything worked fine.
New Poster

I cannot get ANY videos to work... I watch online a lot and this week nothing works.  The videos that are on comcast.net homepage... click on it and not only does it not start, it is parked on a video I did not click.

While trying to watch ANY tv show available on Xfinity OnLine... I get different 5xx errors mostly 517.  I have reinstalled per the instructions several times over several days to no avail.  On other sites all videos work fine...

Not having On Demand from the homepage at comcast.net is really straining our relationship...

New Poster

Is this issue at all related to the end of XP?  I would think not, but my learning of the XP issue and this problem all occurred at roughly the same time...

New Poster

I have the same problem :'( With windows 8, firefox/chrome/explorer and any episode. It sucks

Regular Visitor

My Home page is Xfinity /Comcast. On the home page are news videos/what people are watching videos/ any news item or picture that has a camera attached to the story will not play the video. I click on article I want to look at and the black screen comes up but it is not loading and it just stays black.

New Poster

same issue everything i try to play says error code 517 i was live streaming earlier with no problem whats going on comcast as much money as i pay for your service i should be able to watch the programs i want to

New Poster

I too cannot fix this error issue. I have had this problem for a couple of weeks and it seems to not allow me to watch anything that is not on basic television. Thank you and I hope this can get fixed soon enough.

Regular Visitor

Went away for the weekend. Came back today and my videos are working fine. Must have been a Comcast fix. Whatever, I'm thankful.

New Poster

hi mine is also showing error 517 and i use chrome and we called comcast nothing helped please fiz the webstie 

New Poster

I fixed the problem by installing Malwarebytes Premium($28 at Best Buy). Turns out I had a virus that my Norton by Comcast could not detect. .
Comcast tried several work arounds and I even uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome & Exployer to no avail.
New Poster

i cant get any show to work. ive tried grimm and jim hensons creature challenge and a few others. ive uninstalled and reinstalled flash and also have uninstalled and reinstalled google chrome (as flash is integrated in chrome). ive tried rebooting and empting temp files. nothing seems to work.

New Poster

oh and i forgot to say... I'm on windows 8.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 11 in conversation