members

topics

cannot watch video

ANSWERED
New Poster

cannot watch video

I am trying to watch Sex and the City and it is saying:

The video cannot be played.

Sorry, Sex and the City S1|E1 "Sex and the City 01 (HBO)" is currently unavailable.

age-anon

Why is the play button by all the episodes if it really isn't available to watch?  I have HBO, so should be able to watch it.

Accepted Solution

Re: cannot watch video

After reading your post, I tried going to Sex and the City Season 1 Episode 1 and I was able to watch it without any error message coming up but in truth I only watched the first two minutes.

Having read hundreds of posts here about many people having problems with different shows, when I myself am not having those same problems, I kind of get the sense that each state or region has it's own streaming servers and it's possible that the ones covering your area are having a problem with that episode or season. (I'm in New Jersey by the way)

There are several possible things you can try: Send a private message to one of the official Comcast people and ask that they look into your problem or you can try and call the applications department at 877-599-1845 and see if they can help you with that problem or open a ticket for it and report it to the correct department for resolution.

- Norm

View answer in context
Regular Contributor

After reading your post, I tried going to Sex and the City Season 1 Episode 1 and I was able to watch it without any error message coming up but in truth I only watched the first two minutes.

Having read hundreds of posts here about many people having problems with different shows, when I myself am not having those same problems, I kind of get the sense that each state or region has it's own streaming servers and it's possible that the ones covering your area are having a problem with that episode or season. (I'm in New Jersey by the way)

There are several possible things you can try: Send a private message to one of the official Comcast people and ask that they look into your problem or you can try and call the applications department at 877-599-1845 and see if they can help you with that problem or open a ticket for it and report it to the correct department for resolution.

- Norm

New Poster

Thanks! It seems to be working now. Very strange!
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation