Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

cannot play movies on computer

New Poster

cannot play movies on computer

for the last month i haven't been able to play movies though xfinity on my computermovie will go though opening credit for Starz/HBO/etc., but when time for movie to play i get a black box with a "play" icon in the center and nothing happensnot the first time this has happenedThis is ridiculousI am debating on switching my service because of this being completely unacceptableIf it had happened once for a day I would be okBut several times and it being for weeks at a time...yeah not so muchI have attempted to call to troubleshoot problem but I get the run around treatmentI even had on rep tell me that it was a problem with netflix who they get movies fromBut when i contacted netflix they said they had no idea comcast was using themsounds suspect to meaweful customer service

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: cannot play movies on computer

I am having the same issues.  I also can only watch shows from certain networks.  No one will help.  They gave me free Showtime for 3 months and told me it would be fixed within a day or two.  A month later still having problems!

Official Employee

Re: cannot play movies on computer

Not all videos may be working on Internet Explorer 9 32-bit or 64-bit versions. Our team is currently working on this issue.

In the meantime, please use one of these browsers to watch videos:

Goggle Chrome 17

Safari 5.1

Firefox 10.0

Please follow this thread for further information:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Internet-Explorer-9-not-playing-videos/td-p/11420...

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation