Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

can't watch show, says in home only

Regular Visitor

can't watch show, says in home only

can't watch tv show, says "in home only"...for many of my tv shows.  WTH comcast?  I thought we are suppossed to be able to "watch TV Anywhere Anytime"....just more comcast BS

New Poster

Re: can't watch show, says in home only

I get a one min commercial then nothing... just returned to my previous page.

Official Employee

ScreenName9 wrote:

can't watch tv show, says "in home only"...for many of my tv shows.  WTH comcast?  I thought we are suppossed to be able to "watch TV Anywhere Anytime"....just more comcast BS

Please select the "Available out of home" filter. All the TV Go content is there (live and on demand).

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Charlotttharp wrote:

I get a one min commercial then nothing... just returned to my previous page.

Can you tell me which show (and season, episode) so I can have someone look at this.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I did use the filter and the show is not available! It seems this new app limits what we can watch. If I was home I would just watch it on my tv. The whole point of the app is being able to watch it anywhere, right? Am I missing something?
Bronze Problem Solver

Cnabors wrote:
I did use the filter and the show is not available! It seems this new app limits what we can watch. If I was home I would just watch it on my tv. The whole point of the app is being able to watch it anywhere, right? Am I missing something?

comcast says "Anywhere Anytime", but they don't say "Everything"

Official Employee

Cnabors wrote:

Sorry you're frustrated and couldn't find your show.  The rights to show content out of the home are called "TV Everywhere" (TVE) rights and are negotiated separately from the rights to display content in home via TV and the apps. These TVE rights are not always available. Notably CBS content is only available via TVE on the computer but not mobile apps. NFL blocks most streams on mobile phones but not tablets. This is in the control of the programmers, not Comcast.

There should not be a single show or live channel that was available in the former TV Go app that is not included in the new XFINITY TV app.  We've added the in-home streaming, which many customers find useful, but have not taken away any content other than the normal windows of new episodes replacing old.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I have no filter that says that in my filters! So now what?

Official Employee

naptownknights wrote:

I have no filter that says that in my filters! So now what?

That typically means that you have internet service from another provider and we turn on the filter by default.  You should have up to 193 live TV channels (depending on your subscription) and thousands of On Demand titles you can watch from anywhere in the USA.  Visit the "Live TV" and "On Demand" sections of the website. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Dan I have a question.  I curently have Comcast TV, Comcast Digital Voice and Comcast Business Class Internet all registered at my home address.

I am attemtping to view Live TV through a web browser but now receive the "you must be in home to view this content".  I was able to view these channels successfully just this past weekend.  I am at home using my wired local area network and the Comcast Business class Internet.  

What is the issue here?  Is it because I have Comcast Business Class Internet instead of the typical residential offering?  If so, can this be resolved.

New Poster

where is the "available out of home" setting found?

New Poster

I try to watch channels, and shows and it says that it is "in home only" but i am at my house on my home wifi but it keeps coming up with that error.

New Poster

That cuts out 70% of programming. You can't even stream major networks which is where most shows are that people want to stay caught up on or local and world news. Also i pay extra for movie channels and i can only watch one of the 7 hbo channels i pay for. Which is bull
New Poster

True but the original app before tv go app, allowed you to watch everything nothing was blocked Away from home so this doesn't really make sense
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 9 in conversation