Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

battlestar galactica went from included to pay

New Poster

battlestar galactica went from included to pay

I just started season 4 of battlestar galactica 2004-08, and instead of being included in my subscription, all episodes went to pay. This seems to be very rude on Xfinity's part, I only have s4e5 through s4e21 to go. What gives?
New Poster

Re: battlestar galactica went from included to pay

I'm in the same boat. Just went to watch season 4 episode 4 and saw I now have to pay. Not happy!
New Poster

No Longer a mystery....

Just completed a chat with customer support and:

According to the representative, the change was made by the broadcaster and not by Xfinity.  This is interesting because, per my research, Syfy (formerly Sci-Fi Channel and Sci Fi) is an American basic cable and satellite television channel is owned by the NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment Group division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast.  (Xfinity)

So They are charging us more because they feel they can and blaming one of their subsidiaries for the change?  Interesting....

New Poster

I know...  I'm pi$$ed.  Hadn't seen the show and just started watching it (on S1ep10) and now it's gone.....  without any word either.

Silver Problem Solver

Although they may be parts of the same company, they act independently. ALL of the media companies are moving more and more to a PPV or separate streaming service (CBS All Acess for example) since it makes THEM more money.

New Poster

You are correct, they are parts of the same company and do act independently.  The point is, if, we as customers of the parent company, pay a significant fee for services, that company should take responsibility for the changes and communicate them in advance.  To blame a "broadcaster" blankly implies no relationship at all and is not completely true as well as short sighted. 

Comcast making changes without any notification to its paying customers in not an excusable offense.  

Maybe its time for a change....

Silver Problem Solver

Also, Battlestar Galactica aired a few years ago. It's unusual for an older series to be free these days unless it's airing in repeats on the host network.

Valued Contributor

The last couple weeks I had re-watched up until Season 3 Ep 4 or 5, by coincidence the episode i needed to watch next was on SyFy this past Saturday morning so I taped it.  After watching the DVR of this episode I went to watch the next episode and was confronted with the pay $$$$.  Typical Comcast / Universal.  Offer it for free for a few weeks and then pull the plug after viewers get hooked on it and make them pay to watch the rest.

Instead of giving Comcast my money, I purchased the Blu-rays of the whole series on Amazon for $54, considerably less than what Comcast wants for the 4 seasons.

New Poster

Careful, the old 70s series is $54, the 2004 series is over $100.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation