Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

about the "X" box

New Poster

about the "X" box

When trying to access some of the videos shown on the front end page of my Comcast Xfinity, an "X" box in the upper left hand corner of what would be the viewing area.  Also, happens sometimes when I try to access an attachment in email. If I click on it, nothing.  Is there something in my settings that's causing this?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: about the "X" box

marlar wrote: ... Comcast Xfinity, an "X" box in the upper left hand corner ...

Can't help you with that one.

Also, happens sometimes when I try to access an attachment in email. If I click on it, nothing.  Is there something in my settings that's causing this?

Very likely, but we need more information. Is this on a Mac or a PC? What operating system? And what kind of attachment?
Official Employee

marlar wrote:

When trying to access some of the videos shown on the front end page of my Comcast Xfinity, an "X" box in the upper left hand corner of what would be the viewing area.  Also, happens sometimes when I try to access an attachment in email. If I click on it, nothing.  Is there something in my settings that's causing this?

marlar,

I am sorry to hear that you are having video issues.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, what are some of the names of the videos you are trying to watch?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Email Expert

Can you post a screen shot? It might help us figure out what you're referring to.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

The videos are the news/entertainment ones on the home page for Xfinity/Comcast.  When selecting one, often I get a big black box with a small red "x" box in the upper left or right hand corner.  Also sometimes with Outlook email attachments.  Any help appreciated.

mf

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.15.96.201 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT
6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR
3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; BRI/1; BRI/2; BOIE9;ENUSSEM) My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60531.0 My flash version: 10.3 r183 Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript">// document.write('enabled'); // </script>
enabled Cookies: enabled

Official Employee

marlar,

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,

Joe

Xfinitytv.com/Xfinity.com Customer Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

marlar wrote: The videos are the news/entertainment ones on the home page for Xfinity/Comcast.  When selecting one, often I get a big black box with a small red "x" box in the upper left or right hand corner. ...

Could you post a screen shot of this? Be sure to blank out any personal information in the image.

Silver Problem Solver

sounds like flash is not enabled.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation