Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xi5 fixed

Regular Contributor

Xi5 fixed

Xi5 a great little box,pix quality is great,all bugga boos out,little to no latency,can access recordings&vod without a g1(for a short time could access channels also),no coax needed.Made by pace.Just get the v4 pix fixed & other issues we will be set.

Service Expert

Re: Xi5 fixed

minitech wrote:

Xi5 a great little box,pix quality is great,all bugga boos out,little to no latency,can access recordings&vod without a g1(for a short time could access channels also),no coax needed.Made by pace.Just get the v4 pix fixed & other issues we will be set.

you don't have a home DVR (Xg1)?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Yes i do a v4 as a matter of fact, but if your g1 fails at one time you can still access recordings & vod if you have a xi5 client box so your not dead in the water as with a xid or xi3.I use the xi5 on my main set & the v4 on my secondary set.When i first got the v4 i switched it to my main set because of the 4k, it replaced the v3 i had but the pix quality issues forced to move the v4 back to the secondary tv for now.Since the xi5 is a ip box you should be able to use it as a stand alone  box later on with out a g1 with cloud recording also.I discovered this by accident while moving boxes around & for a short time i could watch & set recordings, watch tv channels & vod.

Service Expert

minitech wrote:

Yes i do a v4 as a matter of fact, but if your g1 fails at one time you can still access recordings & vod if you have a xi5 client box so your not dead in the water as with a xid or xi3.I use the xi5 on my main set & the v4 on my secondary set.When i first got the v4 i switched it to my main set because of the 4k, it replaced the v3 i had but the pix quality issues forced to move the v4 back to the secondary tv for now.Since the xi5 is a ip box you should be able to use it as a stand alone  box later on with out a g1 with cloud recording also.I discovered this by accident while moving boxes around & for a short time i could watch & set recordings, watch tv channels & vod.

do you have any XG2 companions? if not, swap one of your Xi3/XiD boxes for one then your DVR will not affect the other Xi3/XiD set top boxes. (the XG2 has 3 tuners to loan out freeing up more tuners on your home DVR).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

No i just have a xg1v4 & a xi5.I know with a xg2 you can use a xi3 or a xid with that box but as you said limited on tuners.I had a xg2 along time ago with a xgv1 because i wanted a another stand alone box in case one failed.I was told that comcast is moving towards ip only boxes, that would simplify installation using 1 cable to a gateway & with running fiber optic cable would clean up things alot.Just my thought on the deal.If you have a xi5, go & unplug your xg1 & see if your xi5 still works, mine does as i described.

Regular Contributor

If you have a xi5 & your xg1 box breaks you can still access dvr & on demand functions until you get your xg1 box replaced.The xi5 is a IP box that doesn't rely on the xg1 for all functions.At one time i could access all functions without the xg1 working, at least in my market.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation