New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity video compatibility with 64 bit browsers

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity video compatibility with 64 bit browsers

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista: IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7: IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+: IE 6/7/8, Chrome 

This is the error I get when trying to look at xfinity tv through IE9 or Safari. I have Flash and Silverlight and all are working appropriately.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity video compatibility with 64 bit browsers

Samuri388 wrote:

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista: IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7: IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+: IE 6/7/8, Chrome 

This is the error I get when trying to look at xfinity tv through IE9 or Safari. I have Flash and Silverlight and all are working appropriately.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Are you getting this same exact error message in Safari or does it just not work in Safari?

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/Bridesmaids/156945/2235810136/Bridesmaids-%28Cinemax%29/videos

It doesn't seem to work on IE9 or Safari and I get the same message. I tried Bridesmaids and something on after dark (cinemax and get the same outcome on both browsers. even though I really don't like Chrome, it worked yesterday after an hour on the phone with the support department. they did a good job but said it was good news and bad news regarding the 64 bit technology. Chrome doesn't seem to be friendly to Constant Guard which is why I don't use it.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 20723 My Cable Provider: Comcast Howard County Digital My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 68.54.85.216 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDC; .NET4.0C; Tablet PC 2.0) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, g, ak, cb, ch, ar, aw, e, aj, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, bk, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Official Employee

Samuri388 wrote:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/Bridesmaids/156945/2235810136/Bridesmaids-%28Cinemax%29/videos

It doesn't seem to work on IE9 or Safari and I get the same message. I tried Bridesmaids and something on after dark (cinemax and get the same outcome on both browsers. even though I really don't like Chrome, it worked yesterday after an hour on the phone with the support department. they did a good job but said it was good news and bad news regarding the 64 bit technology. Chrome doesn't seem to be friendly to Constant Guard which is why I don't use it.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 20723 My Cable Provider: Comcast Howard County Digital My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 68.54.85.216 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDC; .NET4.0C; Tablet PC 2.0) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, g, ak, cb, ch, ar, aw, e, aj, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, bk, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True

You need Silverlight to watch these videos and it says that you do not even have it installed. Make sure you are allowing plug-ins in IE 9 and Safari. Go here to learn more about 64-bit Silverlight in IE 9.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Silverlight-64-bit/td-p/1326065

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

My Zip Code:20723My Cable Provider:Comcast Howard County DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:68.54.85.216My operating system:Windows -  Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDC; .NET4.0C; Tablet PC 2.0)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10411.0My flash version:11.3 r300Javascript:enabled

Cookies:enabled

Still not working and Flash and Silverlight are enabled. What is my move that is not installed?

Official Employee

Samuri388 wrote:

My Zip Code:20723My Cable Provider:Comcast Howard County DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:68.54.85.216My operating system:Windows -  Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDC; .NET4.0C; Tablet PC 2.0)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10411.0My flash version:11.3 r300Javascript:enabled

Cookies:enabled

Still not working and Flash and Silverlight are enabled. What is my move that is not installed?

It sounds like you may have plug-ins blocked. Check your anti-virus software and make sure that you are allowing plug-ins to run in web browsers.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

The only antivirus and spyware I have is Norton through Comcast. It does not appear there is a place on the manager to allow or block plug-ins. Is there a specific place to go to allow plug-ins through Norton/CG?  Thanks for your help.

Official Employee

Samuri388 wrote:

The only antivirus and spyware I have is Norton through Comcast. It does not appear there is a place on the manager to allow or block plug-ins. Is there a specific place to go to allow plug-ins through Norton/CG?  Thanks for your help.

For now, just try disabling Norton and then see if videos work. If it works or not, enabled Norton right after you try watching a video. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Disabled firewall and antivirus and no go on Safari or IE. Netflix seems to work just fine on both without disabling the firewall or antivirus.

Official Employee

Samuri388 wrote:

Disabled firewall and antivirus and no go on Safari or IE. Netflix seems to work just fine on both without disabling the firewall or antivirus.

Please try Firefox web browser and let me know what error message you get. Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

N/A

I have the same problem and I am pretty sure it has to do with using 64 bit Silverlight or 64 bit IE or Chrome (20.0 ?)

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 69.254.225.127 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, br, bo, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False  
Official Employee

wrote:

I have the same problem and I am pretty sure it has to do with using 64 bit Silverlight or 64 bit IE or Chrome (20.0 ?)

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 69.254.225.127 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 

What error message are you getting when trying to watch a video in IE9 or Chrome 20?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation